Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

Let's just focus on Rhys being our manager for a couple more seasons ,

Agree,   let's cross that bridge when we come to it,   Rhys has no coaching badges and cannot manage at a level above Championship until he sits and passes 2 courses,  this is fact,  Premier League clubs will not come near him at this time,  we may quote Naismith and McAvoy at Hearts,  Yes , Naismith wasn't fully qualified at that time for a managers job and McAvoy had his badges,   Managers have to be fully qualified,  it was an embarrassing time for Hearts that debacle , saying clubs will take a chance anyway is wrong, since the Hearts situation it has been made clear to all clubs the requirements of involved..

Let's enjoy Rhys and see where he takes us,  ..

13 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Agree,   let's cross that bridge when we come to it,   Rhys has no coaching badges and cannot manage at a level above Championship until he sits and passes 2 courses,  this is fact,  Premier League clubs will not come near him at this time,  we may quote Naismith and McAvoy at Hearts,  Yes , Naismith wasn't fully qualified at that time for a managers job and McAvoy had his badges,   Managers have to be fully qualified,  it was an embarrassing time for Hearts that debacle , saying clubs will take a chance anyway is wrong, since the Hearts situation it has been made clear to all clubs the requirements of involved..

Was the Hearts one not just for managing in Europe? Seem to remember Naismith officially being made manager shortly after they were papped out of Europe. I assume he at least had some qualifications though unlike McCabe.

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

I agree the Hearts debacle was embarrassing but ultimately they did find a way round the system as did Celtic when they applied and received exemption from UEFA when they appointed Postegoglu.

Ultimately if someone wants him enough they'll find a way and did he not start his coaching badges last season? He's an intelligent man so if completing a license is going to get him an extra 2K per week then I'd be sure he'll have plans in place.

Having said that, I hope it does deter suitors and he remains with us a tad longer.

16 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Is it fact? Sure there were photos of him floating about on the same courses as Dougie Imrie.

Yes,  as it stand at this present day Rhys McCabe doesn't have the relevant coaching badges to manage in the Premier league ..

Personally  I  would be a lot more concerned of him becoming Raith Rovers new manager..   

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

Yes,  as it stand at this present day Rhys McCabe doesn't have the relevant coaching badges to manage in the Premier league ..

Personally  I  would be a lot more concerned of him becoming Raith Rovers new manager..   

Seems RR have confirmed today that their new manager recruitment involves speaking with other clubs.

15 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Seems RR have confirmed today that their new manager recruitment involves speaking with other clubs.

Could be referring to O'Dea at Celtic and Leven at Aberdeen.

McCabes match preview interview was pretty standard yesterday and seems fully focused.

Just now, AJ77 said:

McCabes match preview interview was pretty standard yesterday and seems fully focused.

When Murray was bagged, I think most people thought this was thought out and a new man had been sounded out, that was the mood music going round,   seems that was a lot of pish and now it looks like likely candidates are currently in a job,

Let's be honest here if Raith Rovers were doing their due diligence on candidates let's not kid ourselves Rhys McCabe would be high on the list...

Question has Rhys taken Airdrie as far as he can...  Realistically 

6 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Question has Rhys taken Airdrie as far as he can...  Realistically 

He obviously fancies ourselves to challenge for the league or else he wouldn't still be here imo.

He's made it clear (not in public) but once the board stops matching his ambition he'll be off, despite losing a lot of players this summer the board have came up with funds to replace and better last years squad.   

25 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Yip and I'd be shocked if it was him as I'm firmly of the opinion he's destined for much higher than Raith Rovers.

Men vs boys tonight, an absolute humbling tonight. Murray Johnston saved it from being double figures, watson mcgrattan Aiken and mochrie need a few weeks on the bench. Pathetic performance.

12 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

A couple of injuries and this squad has no balance whatsoever. Centre back still a priority but we need to sign a winger and replace Todorov.

Still early days but I’d expected a lot more from Mochrie.

He was  anonymous for the pars most of the time. Doesn’t do the dirty work.

we dodged a bullet not signing him, back

Lots of poor individual performances but for me that game is on the management. Dreadful organisation and seemed to think that we'd just be able to pass the ball about at our leisure without Ayr putting any pressure on us.

I thought towards the back end of last season we'd worked out how to be a bit more pragmatic away from home but that tonight was like going back to McCabe's first season where we were naive and soft. Too many players wanting too much time on the ball and not willing to do the dirty side of the game.

Gazumped at our own game. We could not deal with that high press at all. Hopefully the boot up the backside we need to realise there are weaknesses in this team that need fixed. 

facebook fan page no doubt be full of the happy clappers soon, high risk, high reward bullshit. In this league, too much high risk leads to that tonight. We will take a lot of doings if we don’t cover ourselves in some roles.

Watson surely must have earned himself some payroll from Ayr by now for his services to them? 

Cannot remember my other account details after a device change so had to create a new account! Old git that I am.

Edited by MrAChap