Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

18 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Yeah this, they can't play all their games away from home. 😂

People are mental. 

It’ll be even worse when we end going there at New Year 😂 

Looking forward to the over-reaction when we draw with Dumbarton and lose the shootout. After not retaining the NLL Cup. 

Slightly torn as I most definitely want some kind of signing news today, however, I want the first news to be some straight up statement of intent shit. Friz resigning or a bona fide first pick first teamer coming in. If we get a "promising 17 year old from auchtermuchty fc" type signing it won't set the right tone.

9 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Slightly torn as I most definitely want some kind of signing news today, however, I want the first news to be some straight up statement of intent shit. Friz resigning or a bona fide first pick first teamer coming in. If we get a "promising 17 year old from auchtermuchty fc" type signing it won't set the right tone.

The other young Northern Irish goalkeeper on Consillium’s list of clients 🙏

16 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Which one, there's two?

It's quite mental how much of their client base has been been with us over the past couple of seasons.

Panicked for a moment when I couldn't find our thread, only to realise that I'd gone into the league one forum out of sheer habit. Instant relief and a huge smile when I realised what I'd done. Resisted from popping into the Falkirk thread to tell them what I'd done. 😂

Right, anyone know how I save this new thread to give me notifications whenever there's a new comment added? Had it for the old thread but no idea how to set it up for this. Thanks in advance! 

32 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

The club IMO have had a very poor 3 weeks since the playoff victory,  all fans regular or otherwise were buzzing,  the flames needed to be fuelled to keep the fanbase buoyant,  announce strips, season tickets, resignings etc ,  really nothing,   now the old haunts are coming back, rumours of best players leaving (unsubstantiated), unable to attract new talent due to wages,etc,   The club promised us an exciting summer,  we need some positive news to pour paraffin on the dying embers of euphoria following our play off win...

look at Falkirk for example, they got rode like a seaside donkey from ourselves,  you would nevervknow, due to them announcing positivity to feed the gullible fanbase..

3 minutes ago, Passionate said:

The club IMO have had a very poor 3 weeks since the playoff victory,  all fans regular or otherwise were buzzing,  the flames needed to be fuelled to keep the fanbase buoyant,  announce strips, season tickets, resignings etc ,  really nothing,   now the old haunts are coming back, rumours of best players leaving (unsubstantiated), unable to attract new talent due to wages,etc,   The club promised us an exciting summer,  we need some positive news to pour paraffin on the dying embers of euphoria following our play off win...

look at Falkirk for example, they got rode like a seaside donkey from ourselves,  you would nevervknow, due to them announcing positivity to feed the gullible fanbase..

If anyone is put off coming back out to support our promotion winning team next season based on a quiet few weeks during close season, then they should maybe take up following another sport. 

28 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Panicked for a moment when I couldn't find our thread, only to realise that I'd gone into the league one forum out of sheer habit. Instant relief and a huge smile when I realised what I'd done. Resisted from popping into the Falkirk thread to tell them what I'd done. 😂

Right, anyone know how I save this new thread to give me notifications whenever there's a new comment added? Had it for the old thread but no idea how to set it up for this. Thanks in advance! 

The button at the bottom that says "follow" click that and set it to notify every new post 👍

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Again, how can the club do that if there are no re-signings to announce? They've presumably offered what they can to the players and are waiting for them to decide.

There isn't a huge amount of transfer activity anywhere yet with a couple of exceptions, we aren't miles behind everyone else.

Season tickets could possibly have been announced earlier, but on the flip side if you don't have enough players to put a team out yet that can put fans off buying them, as we've seen from other clubs (go and look at Hamilton's thread). So there's also an argument to wait a bit longer and then have a big push when we (hopefully) have the makings of a good team. Fans have also spent a lot of money following the club through the play-offs (the best part of £80 for tickets alone, plus travelling etc and that's almost half the price of a season ticket in itself), many fans would rather wait a month before buying anything else.

This close season frustration/panic is a relatively new phenomenon, I think a result of social media and 24 hour coverage of everything now. In times gone by football fans would have forgotten about football for the month of June, come back in July and go from there. Now from the moment the seasons ends everyone is wanting updates, new signings etc to fill a month when nothing else is happening.

Falkirk can release whatever they want but the bottom line is they've signed an average striker from Alloa and re-signed McGinn and a total dud, Gary Oliver. I don't see what bringing them up is meant to prove.

I see there's exit trials happening at Broadwood today, wonder if we will have anyone along at that. 

But aye let our players/management at least get back from holiday and get thier feet under the desk again before we all start rioting at the lack of signings....give them at least till Wednesday...then we can riot. 

5 hours ago, Rossm25 said:

I see there's exit trials happening at Broadwood today, wonder if we will have anyone along at that. 

Don’t think the standard at the exit trials is usually that great, at least going by the players who usually sign for clubs off the back of it! Suppose there might be a gem or two there but I’d hope we’re setting our sights a bit higher.

Joe Dixon scored a screamer today apparently. 

Edited by airdrieman

1 minute ago, airdrieman said:

Don’t think the standard at the exit trials is usually that great, at least going by the players who usually sign for clubs off the back of it! Suppose there might be a gem or two there but I’d hope we’re setting our sights a bit higher.

Joe Dixon scored a screamer today apparently. 

Joe Dixon...one that got away 

16 hours ago, Rossm25 said:

Joe Dixon...one that got away 

Jim Duffy will be writing up a contract for him as we speak! 

Think I saw on Twitter the club shop hinting that the kits will be launched a week today. Never thought I’d have to say this but white with a FULL red diamond please. 

15 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Jim Duffy will be writing up a contract for him as we speak! 

Think I saw on Twitter the club shop hinting that the kits will be launched a week today. Never thought I’d have to say this but white with a FULL red diamond please. 

Better with this classic20230611_130141.thumb.jpg.374509c17eaecac59f5a37b4682048d2.jpg