Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

15 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Re-signing news and a new kit tonight! Can't wait to see ATS modelling a purple strip.

I did say on the tweet hinting at a signing yesterday it would be McMaster and ATS. (no ITK sh1te btw, just the worst kept secrets)

Think you're right with this, ATS modelling a Purple and Black top 😎.

I'd actually be fine with ATS signing PRIMARILY as back up/coaching help.  Noticed in a couple of games, from the dug out the big man was right in about it so fair do's.  If McMaster and ATS are the kind of quality sitting on our bench this year, with the first 11 and improvement on them, I'll be satisfied with that. Reliable guys who'll give 100% when called upon.

Edited by ++Ammo - Airdrie++
no ITK

Just now, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I did say on the tweet hinting at a signing yesterday it would be McMaster and ATS.

Think you're right with this, ATS modelling a Purple and Black top 😎.

I'd actually be fine with ATS signing PRIMARILY as back up/coaching help.  Noticed in a couple of games, from the dug out the big man was right in about it so fair do's.  If McMaster and ATS are the kind of quality sitting on our bench this year, with the first 11 and improvement on them, I'll be satisfied with that. Reliable guys who'll give 100% when called upon.

Yeah as much as I've always been an ATS truther I don't really want to see him playing in the Championship regularly. He did his job very well, for a spell he was our most consistent defender, and I'll always have a lot of time for him but think he lacks the pace needed at a higher level. He seems like a great guy to have around the club though, his calmness and experience improved everyone around him when he played and as you say, he seems keen to get involved in coaching too. ATS as manager when McCabe heads off to Real Madrid in a few years.

https://twitter.com/KCTestimonial/status/1669338347725258752

I saw this clip on twitter about Stevie Hetherington re-signing for Alloa featuring a video of him assisting against Airdrie in 2018. Our team that day was

Wullie Muir
Chris O'Neil - Daniel Higgins - David Brownlie - Kieran MacDonald
Scott Stewart - Dean Cairns - Ryan Conroy - Jake Hastie
Dale Carrick - Darryl Duffy

We've came a long way from those dark days. That central midfield :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Yeah, slightly concerned they are trying to bury underwhelming news by tieing this in to the kit lunch. Hope my negativity is unfounded!

I could be wrong but Watson re-signing wasn’t teased like this, it was just announced in the morning, so I’m expecting Gabby or Frizz.