Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

4 hours ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

41 out of 42! The reviewer doesn't like it at all - his issue seems to be with the Holemasters name and it being so far down the strip, rather than the Diamond.

Reviewer is a FUD.

Probably an Aberdonian, he's put them well up the list.

Most unique strip in football.

9 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Forgettiing Lyall and Megwa are cup tied and can't play on Sunday, with Mcgregor and McGill unlikely to be back as well we're looking a bit light up top for Sunday.

Got a funny feeling we'll see Gabby or Lewis on Sunday up top with Toddy.

If not its a midfield of McCabe, McMaster with Telfer, Frizz and Magic allowed to roam. Not much pace tho.  Don't see many other options 

13 hours ago, ElDiamondo said:

Got a funny feeling we'll see Gabby or Lewis on Sunday up top with Toddy.

If not its a midfield of McCabe, McMaster with Telfer, Frizz and Magic allowed to roam. Not much pace tho.  Don't see many other options 

Same as Saturday a feel Liam in behind toddy which worked well 

McCabe will replace Lyall, Ballantyne got to replace Megwa 

can still see Lewis maybe atleast making the bench hopefully 

2 hours ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Same as Saturday a feel Liam in behind toddy which worked well 

McCabe will replace Lyall, Ballantyne got to replace Megwa 

can still see Lewis maybe atleast making the bench hopefully 

It looks like we will have limited options for Saturday, personally don't Ballantyne will make, which makes for a positional change or two..

Shaping up something like..

Hemfrey

Watson RB

Hancock LB

McCabe CB

Fordyce CB

McMaster DM

Telfer RM

Frizzell LM

G Gallagher CM

McStravick F

Todorov F

Cannot see many other options unless Lewis and Gabby can get patched up..

3 minutes ago, Passionate said:

It looks like we will have limited options for Saturday, personally don't Ballantyne will make, which makes for a positional change or two..

Shaping up something like..

Hemfrey

Watson RB

Hancock LB

McCabe CB

Fordyce CB

McMaster DM

Telfer RM

Frizzell LM

G Gallagher CM

McStravick F

Todorov F

Cannot see many other options unless Lewis and Gabby can get patched up..

I'd probably agree with that lineup except I can see Donnell getting a chance in the starting 11. 

If he's starting McMaster, I can't see him starting Gav Gal at the same time.

Would like to see more of Donnell, he look decent coming on against Raith in the Semi.

Just now, David Fernández said:

I'd probably agree with that lineup except I can see Donnell getting a chance in the starting 11. 

If he's starting McMaster, I can't see him starting Gav Gal at the same time.

Would like to see more of Donnell, he look decent coming on against Raith in the Semi.

Agree he looks quietly effective but painfully slow,    Centre mid will be crucial, McCabe ideally plays there only if Cammy is fit,   McCabe drops to centre back and midfield becomes a bigger issue,  young players like McMaster and G Gallagher will need to step up,  I think they can, not too creative though.

10 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

Anyone know any decent pubs in and around Falkirk Grahamston? 

My first time getting the train in and am planning on going for a few pints on the way.

The Wheatsheaf Inn is a cracker. We went there before the play-off game and planning to go again on Sunday. Old school 'proper' boozer and less than 10 minute walk from Grahamston. Behind the Wall is right at Grahamston. A bit too 'trendy' and modern for my taste but decent enough and it's right at the station which is always helpful. 

Edited by airdrieman

4 hours ago, AirdrieFanTV said:

From having watched your videos at the start, it's amazing how much they have improved and developed. Particularly enjoyed seeing all of the fans celebrating in the camera roll.

Let's hope we win the cup tomorrow and have a fantastic day out, the effort that the players have put in over the last few seasons they absolutely deserve to be celebrating winning a trophy!! 🏆♦️

22 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Come on the Diamonds! Hated your mob after you destroyed us in the playoffs but tomorrow i am a fan. Beat these Welsh/English showers of shit and do us all proud.

We'll try our best, any thoughts on TNS after your game with them, unbeaten this season in their league...

36 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Come on the Diamonds! Hated your mob after you destroyed us in the playoffs but tomorrow i am a fan. Beat these Welsh/English showers of shit and do us all proud.

👍Although normal service will be resumed next season! 😝

What was the deal with their fans after your game? 😩 

9 minutes ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

👍Although normal service will be resumed next season! 😝

What was the deal with their fans after your game? 😩 

Just a bit of trouble mostly due to young neds on our side i think. The welsh fans were going to their bus i think

Edited by Bigbrbairn

1 hour ago, moses1924 said:

We'll try our best, any thoughts on TNS after your game with them, unbeaten this season in their league...

A well drilled team. Be absolutely sure their manager will have had your team watched a lot and he will set his team up to stop you playing your normal game. They are far too good for their league.