Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

9 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah I agree. Just seen a lot of nonsense banded about how much we’ve offer players etc. Oakley will probably be on roughly half if not just over half of what was quoted earlier. Not everyone or most of who we go for/sign will be in that wage bracket though. We simply just couldn’t afford to do that. We’ve obviously pushed  the boat out for him. 

Its the same every year tbh, everyone's a keyboard accountant, and I genuinely have no idea how people come up with some of the figures......there for instance, oakleys been on everything from £1000 to £1800  a week. For Ayr, I imagine Oakleys been identified as a key target so will be in the upper bracket of wages offered this season, I also imagine there'll be some squad players in about that on the £350 - £400 a week mark.

Everyone just gets so upset and annoyed about teams spending this, or signing whoever. Thats fitba, as fans we suck it up and move onto the next signing!

1 hour ago, AB1974 said:

Small price increase both for the season ticket and on the gate. But, while football should of course be cheaper, more affordable or whatever term you want to use, I do think those prices are pretty reasonable when compared with the rest of the league. £320 works out at £17.70 per game and, if you get the club1924 discount (assuming it’s still 10%) on top of that, it’s £288 and £16 per game. That’s the same value as last season and thus even better value for money. Won’t get Championship football for £16 anywhere else and indeed, that’s £10 cheaper than paying at the gate every week at New Douglas Park! I know if you add up all your monthly Club1924 contributions you’re not really making a saving but you know what I mean… 😂 

Agree with all the previous comments that they should have been on sale a lot earlier. To capitalise on any good feeling or goodwill like @cb_diamond talked about, to help with cash flow, contribute to the transfer budget and because I can’t really think of any good reason why they haven’t been on sale until now. There should be an option to pay in instalments too IMO. Manager fund seems fair enough if folk want to contribute to it on top of their season ticket purchase. 

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Its the same every year tbh, everyone's a keyboard accountant, and I genuinely have no idea how people come up with some of the figures......there for instance, oakleys been on everything from £1000 to £1800  a week. For Ayr, I imagine Oakleys been identified as a key target so will be in the upper bracket of wages offered this season, I also imagine there'll be some squad players in about that on the £350 - £400 a week mark.

Everyone just gets so upset and annoyed about teams spending this, or signing whoever. Thats fitba, as fans we suck it up and move onto the next signing!

Aye that’s exactly it. Was Morton fans saying they had offered an increase from last year and this was apparently their biggest budget in last 10 years. We’ve then offered up to 50% more a week. For all we know they’ve offered 600 a week and us 900 as an example. Another one adamant we’re paying McGinty 2k a week :lol:

2 hours ago, Diamonds02 said:

Yeah think the price increase is fair tbh. We’ll still be among the cheapest in the league

It's difficult because everyone wants football to be cheaper, but also they want a competitive team. We've probably the smallest budget in the league already so to then have by far the lowest ticket price too means you aren't giving yourself a chance. I think a £2 increase is fair enough given it was only £20 to start with. As you say it will still be cheapest in the league, it immediately improves revenue by 10% provided everyone who would have gone at £20 still does, which I think will be true for most people hopefully.

I see @airdrieman has updated the squad list thread and what a massive rebuilding job we will have if we fail to resign Rae, Ballantyne, Frizell & Telfer. Players in all positions required but goalie and defence look particularly short of numbers.

Dylan Corr anyone? Out of contract at Raith, 19 and looks like a ball playing centre back Rhys would like, albeit would need a rugged guy beside him.

12 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

I see @airdrieman has updated the squad list thread and what a massive rebuilding job we will have if we fail to resign Rae, Ballantyne, Frizell & Telfer. Players in all positions required but goalie and defence look particularly short of numbers.

Dylan Corr anyone? Out of contract at Raith, 19 and looks like a ball playing centre back Rhys would like, albeit would need a rugged guy beside him.

Craig Watson is ruggedly handsome...

13 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

IMG_5832.jpeg

I noticed Gerry McLauchlan was released by Gartcairn,    he made Simon Mensing look like a choir boy,   an old fashioned dirty b*****d,    

10 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I noticed Gerry McLauchlan was released by Gartcairn,    he made Simon Mensing look like a choir boy,   an old fashioned dirty b*****d,    

As was Kevin Nicol 👀