Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

12 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Finally we are getting a brand new PA system 🙌 signing of the summer so far 📝 

I actually thought it had been updated on Saturday, seemed an improvement 😕...     Kudos to the club for upgrading different parts of the infrastructure,  hopefully some nice red paint on all the fire exit doors inside and out,  I think we were going down the fifty shades of pink route...

In saying that we will end up paying for it any way with half sized pies up to 3.50 and steak. 4.50,   has the club missed a trick here by not getting Pie sports or similar in to do the stalls...

10 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I actually thought it had been updated on Saturday, seemed an improvement 😕...     Kudos to the club for upgrading different parts of the infrastructure,  hopefully some nice red paint on all the fire exit doors inside and out,  I think we were going down the fifty shades of pink route...

In saying that we will end up paying for it any way with half sized pies up to 3.50 and steak. 4.50,   has the club missed a trick here by not getting Pie sports or similar in to do the stalls...

They painted the stairs yellow on the way into the stadium so that might be something that they do next, agree it's good that the club is improving parts of its infrastructure.

4 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Nope all quiet for now, can't see there being many more signing's now with the size of the squad.

I think the club have scrapped the under 18s and reserves for this season, so would imagine guys like Rowley, Dunlop and maybe Gallagher could head out on loan.

AFAIK they’re still running an U18s team but no reserves. I like the theory of a reserve team but it was clearly a waste of time last season so seems a fair decision. Not convinced playing on the odd Tuesday every few weeks is much use for developing players anyway, even if we had been using it better. Looks like the boy Divine who was attracting interest down south has signed a new contract so hopefully we see some benefit of that. 

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Hot water in the bathroom sinks next please! 

I’m taking this with a pinch of salt but was talking to a Raith fan earlier and he said they are trying to sign Toddy and Gabby. Gabby they tried for but looking like he’s away to St Johnstone. Toddy they will obviously need to pay a fee for and given Toddy’s history with Raith I just can’t see that rumour being true. Can anyone ITK confirm if they have heard anything ??

9 hours ago, ElDiamondo said:

Anyone know if we have any other pre season friendlies? Obviously Crusaders tmrw and I assume the youngsters against Bellshill next week. Hoping there's one on Saturday 

Think there's a closed doors friendly one day next week aswell, someone from the premiership, didn't ask who though.

Is 44 going to the biggest number a player has ever worn for Airdrie? Wasn’t until fairly recently we started using squad numbers and I can’t remember any players taking anything bigger than that.

On the squad numbers, interesting to see Reid getting 9. When he signed a lot of us thought he might another Gavin Gallagher or Elliot Dunlop that would get a few games here and there but his squad number plus McCabe naming him as someone Cammy Cooper would be learning from suggests he’s seen as someone that’ll very much be involved in the first team. Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

1 hour ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Is 44 going to the biggest number a player has ever worn for Airdrie? Wasn’t until fairly recently we started using squad numbers and I can’t remember any players taking anything bigger than that.

On the squad numbers, interesting to see Reid getting 9. When he signed a lot of us thought he might another Gavin Gallagher or Elliot Dunlop that would get a few games here and there but his squad number plus McCabe naming him as someone Cammy Cooper would be learning from suggests he’s seen as someone that’ll very much be involved in the first team. Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Not sure what they will learn off a 20year old,maybe it's moving around clubs,think he has had 7 different clubs  already,something not quite right ,

8 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

looking at the team news from tonight, no McMaster again indicating he's probably away? Hancock starting, hoping that means he's staying? Two trialists, one starting one on the bench...

Would assume it’s the same 2 trialists from Saturday. McMaster has a slight knock.

16 hours ago, AirdrieDaft77 said:

I’m taking this with a pinch of salt but was talking to a Raith fan earlier and he said they are trying to sign Toddy and Gabby. Gabby they tried for but looking like he’s away to St Johnstone. Toddy they will obviously need to pay a fee for and given Toddy’s history with Raith I just can’t see that rumour being true. Can anyone ITK confirm if they have heard anything ??

Have heard the McGill rumour as well and Murray mentioned it in his interview this week but I would be astonished  a) if todorov ended up at us and b) we paid a fee but you never know if paying a fee we could no offence get a better player 

43 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Have heard the McGill rumour as well and Murray mentioned it in his interview this week but I would be astonished  a) if todorov ended up at us and b) we paid a fee but you never know if paying a fee we could no offence get a better player 

That was exactly my thought, i'm happy with Todorov staying as strikers seem quite thin on the ground but I think if you paying a fee for a player in the hope of winning the league there are other players higher up the list.