Norway (a) - 17/6/23

PSJ.84

5 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I was delighted we picked Clarke. I said for a while before he was appointed that Scotland needed to play like Livi or Killie at the time. Hard to break down, full of running and goals from all over the team. Obviously I was laughed at by fans of the "bigger" Scottish sides who reckon Scotland should be playing Brazilian style samba football but we have incredible form under Steve Clarke. It might not be the most pleasing on the eye style of football but it's effective and i'll happily take that every day

Aye. I wanted McInnes gone from Aberdeen but would absolutely have him in at Scotland once Clarke goes. 

Similar mould.

27 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

I’m fucked.  But I fuckin love being Scottish.  Been a LONG while since I celebrated a goal like that.  

Pretty much had the same vibes as Griffiths' 2nd free kick for me.

Also had the same vibes when Armstrong dribbled the ball on the touchline and lost it with 30 seconds to go 🙈.

What a team, what a manager, what a nation.

Spare a thought for the rancid union flag bio'd bigots who are absolutely spewing 😂😂😂. Along with the IRA loving weirdos that popped up after the game, bizzarely, thought theyd be in hiding. Up ye. 

1 hour ago, ClydeTon said:

I do quite like how the likes of Gunn, Dykes, etc. show so much passion and love for Scotland and the team.

Clarke's made a superbly well-rounded squad - not only of good players - but of pals, brothers (if you will) and patriots. They all will give 100%, and then some, for that badge and those fans.

We finally have a squad of players who give a sh*t, again.

I say we just go and win it next summer, not before pumping England on the way, of course.

Nah can't agree. Even when we were pish I thought the vast majority of players cared and gave their all. It's far too easy to believe that 'pish = pish effort' and 'good = good effort' 

I will be honest, i never read much of the reaction on here when Clarke got him to switch allegiance, the reaction in the media wasn’t really that positive, but he has done everything that has been asked of him in a Scotland shirt and gave 100% in every game. As fans that is all we ask for. 

1 hour ago, killieboyd said:

And too think anyone from apart from Killie doubted him!!!

Not sure what you mean by this? I think most fans of the national team thought Clarke was a good appointment at the time, and have done so throughout his term.

The only people who doubted the hire, by my recollection, were Rangers fans who hold a grudge against Clarke because of his excellent results against their team through "anti-football". And let's be honest, not many of them support the national team anyway, so f**k 'em.

9 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Any sense of "what if" within the fanbase with regards to a Leicester esque title? 

We probably wouldn't have won the league, but we might have kept the race going a bit longer if Aberdeen hadn't snatched Greg Stewart in January 2019. He was unstoppable in those few months.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah can't agree. Even when we were pish I thought the vast majority of players cared and gave their all. It's far too easy to believe that 'pish = pish effort' and 'good = good effort' 

I point to the numerous players throughout the years who disappeared off the radar whenever we had a set of games against smaller nations, and yet suddenly were Scotland fanatics when we had a "big" game.

Compared to the various players in and around the current squad who will travel even if they aren't available. (I think Patterson is an example. He's in the squad but wasn't on the bench today, and hadn't played for Everton for a few weeks prior to the end of the season.)

I haven't a doubt that the players before this lot tried, however the unity, togetherness and overall giving of sh*ts has increased massively over the last few years, on top of just having a better squad of players outright.