Norway (a) - 17/6/23

PSJ.84

24 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Pretty much had the same vibes as Griffiths' 2nd free kick for me.

Also had the same vibes when Armstrong dribbled the ball on the touchline and lost it with 30 seconds to go 🙈.

What a team, what a manager, what a nation.

Spare a thought for the rancid union flag bio'd bigots who are absolutely spewing 😂😂😂. Along with the IRA loving weirdos that popped up after the game, bizzarely, thought theyd be in hiding. Up ye. 

This x100. Every single one of them.

First time I've watched a Scotland game in the pub in a long time. Whilst there were clearly genuine Scotland supporters, you could also tell there were old firm fans who were just waiting for any opportunity to have a go at the national team or Steve Clarke. Absolutely glorious scenes when those goals went in.

This team and SSC deserve an enormous of credit. It's genuinely exciting to support the national team again and you could see in those celebrations what it means to the players too. It's the closest in a long time I can remember the national side having a "club" atmosphere and the turnaround in the last few years has been nothing short of incredible. Long may it continue.

Buzzing for Tuesday night. Just bloody win Scotland!

3 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I would have defo changed to a back 4, pushed up McGann and brought on Armstrong and not brought on Shankland/Nisbet. I might have also brought on Patterson for Hickey.

Shame on me for leaving McLean on the bench.

You wouldn't have been able to.

Patterson and Souttar didn't travel as they weren't in the 23.

21 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

I point to the numerous players throughout the years who disappeared off the radar whenever we had a set of games against smaller nations, and yet suddenly were Scotland fanatics when we had a "big" game.

Compared to the various players in and around the current squad who will travel even if they aren't available. (I think Patterson is an example. He's in the squad but wasn't on the bench today, and hadn't played for Everton for a few weeks prior to the end of the season.)

I haven't a doubt that the players before this lot tried, however the unity, togetherness and overall giving of sh*ts has increased massively over the last few years, on top of just having a better squad of players outright.

Which players 'didn't care'?

1 minute ago, The Naitch said:

That winner gets better and better the more I see it :thumsup2😍

Even if Neil McCann sounded like he was at his Granny's funeral

1 minute ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Even if Neil McCann sounded like he was at his Granny's funeral

I've still got Liam McLeod and Steven Thompson ringing in my ears from earlier so that'll do me.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Which players 'didn't care'?

Most recent example I could find was 2018 when multiple players decided they couldn't be arsed with a friendly set against Peru and Mexico, Allan McGregor being one of them.

A quick on the surface look through as many sources as I can find suggest no fitness or club-related reason behind it - he just decided not to go. Alongside (seemingly) three others. Although I can't say I even remember who was in that squad, so I can't possibly guess who they are.

If that happened today I'm sure nobody would be missing out on it out of a simple "can't be bothered" attitude, which is my point.

Just watched th highlights back the finish for the goal is brilliant! I was giving Dykes it tight before the Equalizer but he keeps going,! 

This squad just feels different I dob buy into the not caring thing these guys are pros you Dont get to this level if you don't care but there is a confidence in this squad and the manager I Dont recall ever seeing