US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

13 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Giuliani ordered to pay GA election workers Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss $36m apiece in damages. Not that he will. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/15/giuliani-georgia-election-workers-verdict-00132099

Have we reached the point where America's Mayor pulls out the, "actually, I've been suffering from dementia for some time now" card, or has he left it too late for that?

I suppose that might help to rile up the MAGA crowd to have another go at murdering the two women for persecuting an frail, elderly man. Does the judgement go away if they're dead?

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Poll has Trump leading Biden in every single swing state, albeit some within the margin of error.

20231216_104310.thumb.jpg.fc3a804c5989c3d5a3f18983c1af9979.jpg

The Democrats are only going to have themselves to blame when they lose this. Voters in every demographic they need to win, in every state they need to win, are telling them they won't vote for Biden. If they go ahead with Biden as their candidate then stamping their feet and saying "oh so you want Trump to win do you?" when voters say they'll stay at home isn't going to cut it. They've had every warning possible that they need to pick a different candidate.

It would be interesting to see if Trump's potential vote has increased, or if Biden's vote is just planning on staying at home. If it's the former, there's really no helping America, and (relatively) free elections won't be something they have to concern their wee heads with much longer.

I can't believe there are still people who thought Biden would stand aside after one term, like a successful career politician would voluntarily relinquish the top office in the land without having it ripped from their cold, dead hands. The Democrats will soon be back in their comfort zone; wailing from the sidelines as their supporters suffer the consequences.

I was about to comment, then realised I'd just be repeating myself from 4 years ago. They got a 99th-minute winner back then. Could Even-Sleepier Joe do it again?

On 01/08/2019 at 21:59, Zetterlund said:

Early evidence suggests the Democrats haven't learned a thing. Instead of putting forward a decent candidate with broad appeal and policies that could genuinely make a difference, they're going to go all in on a beige, centrist robot and hope they can propagandize the public into backing them. 

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

I was about to comment, then realised I'd just be repeating myself from 4 years ago. They got a 99th-minute winner back then. Could Even-Sleepier Joe do it again?

Only if the officials give him another half-dozen injury-time penalties (©The Donald).

Just realised what a great Celtgers manager he'd make, chuntering away about Deep State conspiracies at the SFA and the points total not being added up correctly come season's end.

11 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Poll has Trump leading Biden in every single swing state, albeit some within the margin of error.

20231216_104310.thumb.jpg.fc3a804c5989c3d5a3f18983c1af9979.jpg

The Democrats are only going to have themselves to blame when they lose this. Voters in every demographic they need to win, in every state they need to win, are telling them they won't vote for Biden. If they go ahead with Biden as their candidate then stamping their feet and saying "oh so you want Trump to win do you?" when voters say they'll stay at home isn't going to cut it. They've had every warning possible that they need to pick a different candidate.

It’s, unfortunately, not that simple. Biden would have to withdraw, or else the system will almost certainly make him the nominee. The whole thing is skewed on both sides to support incumbents in the primaries, and you can’t easily “simply chose” someone else. Biden’s support is enough to fend off challengers, and now it’s likely gonna be a matter of who is goring your independent ox more as to how the vote goes.

10 hours ago, BFTD said:

Have we reached the point where America's Mayor pulls out the, "actually, I've been suffering from dementia for some time now" card, or has he left it too late for that?

I suppose that might help to rile up the MAGA crowd to have another go at murdering the two women for persecuting an frail, elderly man. Does the judgement go away if they're dead?

It would be interesting to see if Trump's potential vote has increased, or if Biden's vote is just planning on staying at home. If it's the former, there's really no helping America, and (relatively) free elections won't be something they have to concern their wee heads with much longer.

I can't believe there are still people who thought Biden would stand aside after one term, like a successful career politician would voluntarily relinquish the top office in the land without having it ripped from their cold, dead hands. The Democrats will soon be back in their comfort zone; wailing from the sidelines as their supporters suffer the consequences.

No. Wouldn’t make any difference in the judgement in that civil trial, might have somewhat mitigated the penalties assessed.

No, goes to their next of kin. If Jewels kicks it, the estate will be liable for what it can.

Trump's support has decreased, but remains highly motivated. Biden’s support is down and less motivated, for instance the border concessions to get the Ukraine support isn’t playing well for now.

I don’t know that Biden wouldn’t have stood down if Trump was gone, but Joe seems to feel a need to fight Donald again, unfortunately. I do think that despite the current polling, the Republicans are well on the way to a massive set of own goals on abortion.

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

I do think that despite the current polling, the Republicans are well on the way to a massive set of own goals on abortion.

The Donald seems to agree with you on that. He's a veritable moderate on abortion compared to swathes of the GOP. Has he tried to pull the party toward him? I'm not sure of his position exactly, is it a 15/20 week ban? Compared to the extremists of 6 weeks like De Santis? 

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The Donald seems to agree with you on that. He's a veritable moderate on abortion compared to swathes of the GOP. Has he tried to pull the party toward him? I'm not sure of his position exactly, is it a 15/20 week ban? Compared to the extremists of 6 weeks like De Santis? 

15., I',m 99% sure. Miss Lindsey Graham was tasked with writing a bill that the party as a whole would accept and he came up with 15 as a 'reasonable' position, although after the day of fanfare on its release, it was instantly consigned to the bin and has never been spoken of since. 

Edited by carpetmonster

Boebert, reading the writing on the wall (she can’t hold a +9R district that she won by 546 votes, or 0.07%, in 2022), has announced she’s moving to the 4th District in Colorado. The 4th is Colorado’s most conservative district, polling about +27R, but she’ll have to win a crowded primary race to make the November ballot.

Edited by TxRover

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2023 at 05:31, TxRover said:

Boebert, reading the writing on the wall (she can’t hold a +9R district that she won by 546 votes, or 0.07%, in 2022), has announced she’s moving to the 4th District in Colorado. The 4th is Colorado’s most conservative district, polling about +27R, but she’ll have to win a crowded primary race to make the November ballot.

Surely you mean "she has to move away from the area because her husband is a bad man"?

Such a cynic.

On 16/12/2023 at 10:58, BFTD said:

Ah yes, the old 'Ernest Saunders Defence'. Still the only person to have ever lived who has been 'diagnosed' with Alzheimers and 'recovered'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Saunders

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

If he doesn't drop from a massive coronary, The Donald will face death hoarsely screaming in terror.

Hoarsely screaming please.