US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

27 minutes ago, virginton said:

Not looking good for the biggest village idiot in Texas, who was confidently predicting that Trump would be discredited, in jail and replaced by the neoliberal darling Nikki Haley by now. 🤡

The world looks on in horror and the biggest village idiot in Inverclyde chooses to score cheap points.

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The world looks on in horror and the biggest village idiot in Inverclyde chooses to score cheap points.

he's a fucking knob, his entire life is about being the big man on a football forum. Everyone including him knows he'd get battered if he carried on like that in real life. ignore him

Hard to estimate how much of an utter disaster that was for the Democrats last night. Clips from the debate will be used in Republican attack ads even if Biden is forced out.

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Hard to estimate how much of an utter disaster that was for the Democrats last night. Clips from the debate will be used in Republican attack ads even if Biden is forced out.

I don't know why he didn't just step down after his first term and let someone else stand. that would have been the sensible approach

11 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

It has been obvious since a year or so into his presidency that Biden wouldn't be capable of another 4 years, or even completing his first term. I'm amazed he wasn't replaced sooner.

Spot on.

Anyone saying this was branded a Trump supporting lunatic though and we've had 4 years of liberals and their media insisting that he was fine.

36 minutes ago, Cheese said:

"I don't know what you just said, and I don't think you do either" will be on every single advert from now until election day. Everyone knew that Biden's brain was porridge, but having it confirmed on a live televised debate where the planet's most bitchy man could slaughter it was the absolute worst case scenario. There's only one option left to save us all.

"That's Bernie Sanders music" 

image.jpeg.ba9d04cfece487f1487b38a365e33c6d.jpeg

49 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I don't know why he didn't just step down after his first term and let someone else stand. that would have been the sensible approach

Amazing how the self appointed 'sensible, adults in the room' were unable to make the sensible, adults in the room decision.

8 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

"I don't know what you just said, and I don't think you do either" will be on every single advert from now until election day. Everyone knew that Biden's brain was porridge, but having it confirmed on a live televised debate where the planet's most bitchy man could slaughter it was the absolute worst case scenario. There's only one option left to save us all.

"That's Bernie Sanders music" 

image.jpeg.ba9d04cfece487f1487b38a365e33c6d.jpeg

I think it speaks to Trumps own decline that he didn't even go in that hard last night. 2016 Trump would have wrecked him.

The DNC would rather stick with Biden, even after last night, and lose to Trump, than run Bernie.

Those calling for Sanders realise he's older than Biden?

Biden should clearly have stepped aside, I wonder if now it's too late and that the Democrats are going to be tarnished regardless. Although, they are up against another guy who also shouldn't be running. I'm always wary of two siding this though, as of course Biden is too old, but I'd still rather an 81 year old Biden in power for another 4 years than Trump.

I wouldn't rule out Biden still winning in November. His campaign has more money than Trump's and I doubt that Trump is winning any more votes, Biden's fight is making sure people actually get out to vote for him.

Just now, houston_bud said:

Those calling for Sanders realise he's older than Biden?

Biden should clearly have stepped aside, I wonder if now it's too late and that the Democrats are going to be tarnished regardless. Although, they are up against another guy who also shouldn't be running. I'm always wary of two siding this though, as of course Biden is too old, but I'd still rather an 81 year old Biden in power for another 4 years than Trump.

I wouldn't rule out Biden still winning in November. His campaign has more money than Trump's and I doubt that Trump is winning any more votes, Biden's fight is making sure people actually get out to vote for him.

Your theory may gain some traction if the Dems billet Biden in a lead-lined vault until polling day.

Biden was never going to leave after one term. I'm amazed anyone thought otherwise. He's a career politician.

Part of the problem here is that a Republican win isn't a worst-case scenario for the top Democrats - it's more "oh well, better luck next time", as they're all pretty much the same people. It's not going to affect them in any meaningful way. Their interests will be protected. It's the poor b*****ds at the bottom end who will be suffering while they carry on as normal.