US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

Just watched it, pretty safe to say Trump wiped the floor with him.

How Bidens family could put him through that humilation is a mystery to me.

Must be a load of psychopaths, that don't give a f**k about him.IMO.

Thank you.

If they replaced Biden now, it would just highlight how, with four years to do it, they couldn't find anyone else.

Is his VP as invisible in the States as on TV coverage here?

Putting someone into the presidential race who clearly is not all there and is in no fit state to hold public office - nevermind be president of the United States - is absolutely criminal and negligent. 

Unfortunately it's probably too late for the Democrats to change candidates now without looking very foolish. 

Its a surprise just how surprised that the democrats suddenly are.

I disagree thats its too late to change him, if they get him to declare he wont run now and he has a good speech they could quite easily move on quite quickly. A speech where Biden talks about getting old how hes faced what many face a gradual decline that has been difficult to accept but now hes realised in the best of interests of his family himself and for the country its best if he deosnt run. If he muses on his career what he achieved etc. That would be quite a dignified way to go out of politics and many would empathise with that. 

It would be more dignified than carrying on to more than likely lose and constantly slated every week too until he does lose.

For the Dems if hes not going to stand though it has to happen by end of next week. That gives time for the story to run its course before the democratic convention and then they need to have someone ready whos younger and has energy, who could probably wipe the floor with trump in a debate as Trump was awful in that debate 

Edited by ScotiaNostra

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Putting someone into the presidential race who clearly is not all there and is in no fit state to hold public office - nevermind be president of the United States - is absolutely criminal and negligent. 

But enough about The Donald.

What do you think about Sleepy Joe Biden?

I think I’d genuinely still rather have Biden in his current state running the US than giving Trump another go of it. Thats absolutely mental. Thats how awful Trump is.

Reading an online review of the newspapers and The Sun, of all papers, sums it up perfectly.  “Man baby beats up doddery old bloke on live TV”.

7 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

I think I’d genuinely still rather have Biden in his current state running the US than giving Trump another go of it. Thats absolutely mental. Thats how awful Trump is.

Anyone and anything is better than Trump.

The Project 2025 stuff is absolutely terrifying, not to mention all the insane pathetic shit Trump said he'd do in his first day.

Trump winning will most likely be the last democratic vote the US have.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The Project 2025 stuff is absolutely terrifying, not to mention all the insane pathetic shit Trump said he'd do in his first day.

I think Trump will be taken out before he can implement his dictatorship plan. He's too much of a loose cannon for the security agencies and a few will have scores to settle with him.

2 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

I think Trump will be taken out before he can implement his dictatorship plan. He's too much of a loose cannon for the security agencies and a few will have scores to settle with him.

I think that’s wildly optimistic.  Many/most in the security agencies would be fully supportive of the type authoritarian of regime Trump would seek to install.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Trump is a cretin, but this take is silly. There are enough checks and balances in place to ensure that significant damage won’t be done. I’d also argue that Trump only means about 1% of what he says: he overpromises and overstates so that he has a bargaining chip. He also likes his opponents to think he is unpredictable.

Seriously, all this dramatic hand-wringing just now. In reality, we’ll all be sitting here in the run-up to the next election, discussing a USA that has barely changed. The world will still be spinning. 

Edited by The Other Foot

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

In terms of full-blown fascism, that's unlikely to happen in the short term. What will happen is the expansion of their existing voter suppression tactics, gerrymandering of voting districts, and appointment of neutral administrators who understand that the overall aim of their job is to ensure Republicans rule. If you aren't in their club, you'll technically still be allowed to vote, but it's going to be made a lot harder for you, until anything other than Republican victory is impossible.

Anyway, really looking forward to see if Brain Worms Kennedy is the only beneficiary from that recent debate  :P

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

In terms of full-blown fascism, that's unlikely to happen in the short term. What will happen is the expansion of their existing voter suppression tactics, gerrymandering of voting districts, and appointment of neutral administrators who understand that the overall aim of their job is to ensure Republicans rule. If you aren't in their club, you'll technically still be allowed to vote, but it's going to be made a lot harder for you, until anything other than Republican victory is impossible.

Anyway, really looking forward to see if Brain Worms Kennedy is the only beneficiary from that recent debate  :P

You’ve obviously not been following the Project 2025 stuff.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’ve obviously not been following the Project 2025 stuff.

I've just flicked through it again, and it doesn't say anything about putting an end to democratic voting. They're nowhere near feeling that bold yet, other than in private.

It's just a continuation of the gradual slide towards fascism, albeit an accelerated one, which is what we're seeing everywhere at the moment.

43 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It's just a continuation of the gradual slide towards fascism, albeit an accelerated one, which is what we're seeing everywhere at the moment.

What characteristics of 'fascism' are seen everywhere at the moment? 

40 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I've just flicked through it again, and it doesn't say anything about putting an end to democratic voting. They're nowhere near feeling that bold yet, other than in private.

Project 2025 is about building the infrastructure to do what the hell you want.  Once you have total control of the machinery of government and that government is filled with unquestioning zealots in all the key positions then all else follows.

It is largely inspired by what Trump failed to do first time around because no one really thought he would win.  That is why he ended up appointing a succession of ‘loyalists’ who at the end of the day thought their loyalty to the Constitution was more important than their loyalty to the President.

Nothing is being left to chance this time around.

15 hours ago, BFTD said:

I loved how "when I was vice-president, I got my handicap down to 6" was a brag anybody would be willing to make in front of their employers.

If these c***s can spend so much of their time playing golf - and I believe The Donald set a new record there - why even bother having a president?

npllr9.gif.462f821963b4cd3dfc13d113b4f0769c.gif