US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

21 hours ago, GordonS said:

, was beaten and interrogated (when asked for names of his colleagues he listed the Green Bay Packers' offensive line), who was kept in solitary confinement for two years during which he was constantly tortured and spent another two-and-a-half years as a POW in brutal conditions.

It was deserved tbqhwy 

It's been evident for a long time but Biden's decline has really obviously accelerated in the last couple of months.

This is about to turn into an even bigger circus than usual.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Except that the USA had not declared war against North Vietnam. This was also knowledge to pilots like McCain who followed illegal orders to bomb that capital (and other US pilots who went on to carpet bomb Cambodia and Laos). They knew that such were not even supported by a legal declaration of war; they also knew that they were targeting civilian infrastructure rather than Viet Cong fighters. 

None of the self-justification you have provided stops their actions from being war crimes for all the stated reasons above. It didn't cover Nazis at Nuremberg and it doesn't cover criminal acts in current day warzones either. 

Horseshit. The purpose of US involvement in Vietnam was crystal clear by the late 1960s, they knew exactly what they were doing. 

That'll be why as US Senator, McCain was a chief cheerleader for the invasion of Iraq and countless other repeat acts of US imperialism. Oh but it's alright because he expressed regret about that fifteen years after the fact too. 

The revisionism presenting this right-wing American nationalist and war criminal as some upstanding political titan is nonsense. 

Not arguing that war crimes weren't committed. Just observing that the soldiers in Vietnam were less in the know than current IDF fighters. Both wars are wrong just that actions of some are more understandable in their time than others. 

I thought when I saw the news that Biden would drop out if there was a medical reason for doing so that he was giving himself an out. He's tested positive for COVID today, apparently. I wonder if he'll be ill enough to drop out of the race?

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

It's been evident for a long time but Biden's decline has really obviously accelerated in the last couple of months.

This is about to turn into an even bigger circus than usual.

I must admit to not giving it too much attention until Biden's speech. Then the assassination attempt really piqued my interest, the conspiracy theories have ranged from bizarre to quite compelling - e.g. the sniper only had a pellet gun, it was allowed to happen, the sniper is a product of MK ultra, money was placed on Trump being assassinated hours before it happened - have proved interesting and entertaining. Some barely intelligible, from the moon howlers:

The more drama, the better! 

24 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I must admit to not giving it too much attention until Biden's speech. Then the assassination attempt really piqued my interest, the conspiracy theories have ranged from bizarre to quite compelling - e.g. the sniper only had a pellet gun, it was allowed to happen, the sniper is a product of MK ultra, money was placed on Trump being assassinated hours before it happened - have proved interesting and entertaining. Some barely intelligible, from the moon howlers:

The more drama, the better! 

got to be a bot that

On 14/07/2024 at 21:02, TxRover said:

Edited to add: Suspect was wearing a “Demolition Ranch” (YouTube channel) tee-shirt when killed. Other reports suggest a bullied, loner type.

What?? Really? Fuuuuuuuck me. Its usually the normal, level headed individuals with rakes pals that usually attempt to assassinate US presidents isn't it?

Imagine, just imagine someone predicting this 10 years ago. Straight jacket and padded room stuff

Cannot stress enough that this is HULK HOGAN doing a wrestling entrance and a promo at a POLITICAL PARTY CONVENTION WHERE THEY’RE NAMING THEIR PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE

We absolutely, 100% live in the stupidest, and probably funniest, timeline.

Edited by J_Stewart