US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

You forgot that he said "Childcare is childcare" which is a poke in the eye to anyone who says he lies all the time.

Childcare definitely is childcare and that is no lie!

I generally zone out whenever I hear his voice so it’s only actually reading the full quote that makes me realise how far gone he’s gotten 

43 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I generally zone out whenever I hear his voice so it’s only actually reading the full quote that makes me realise how far gone he’s gotten 

I dunno, people have been transcribing his speeches since before the 2016 election and it always reads like this. Just an absolute scattering of random thoughts and words, repeated as they coalesce inside his mind.

It couldn't be more obvious that he's never had to focus and coherently express himself, and has no intention of ever doing so. We all exist only as a compliant audience to his performance.

14 minutes ago, RiG said:

He must be a joy to represent in a court of law :lol:

The only part lawyers care about is the bill, and he's stiffed them all going back decades, so all he has left are incompetent fruitcakes and or no-marks desperately hoping that any publicity is good publicity.

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He’s going to get sued again.  I wonder what the damages awarded will be this time.

Is that new footage? Jesus, he really is determined that if he keeps calling her a liar, somehow the defamation counter will tick over and she'll owe him all of the money in the world.

Ugh...just occurred to me that he's probably hoping that one of his fruitcake followers decides to kill her  :yucky

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Is that new footage? Jesus, he really is determined that if he keeps calling her a liar, somehow the defamation counter will tick over and she'll owe him all of the money in the world.

Ugh...just occurred to me that he's probably hoping that one of his fruitcake followers decides to kill her  :yucky

Well he’s standing behind a Trump/Vance sign so it must be pretty recent.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Well he’s standing behind a Trump/Vance sign so it must be pretty recent.

Yeah, I listened but wasn't paying attention to the video. Kudos to him for the determination to demonstrate that the rich can get away with anything. Maybe he'll actually try shooting someone in public like he used to "joke" about.

(naw, that would be too much like work)

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Yes, and the tariffs on imports will mean higher prices for American consumers, along with trouble for American exporters due to retaliatory tariffs. American producers often rely on imported raw materials like steel, so basically everyone loses. I wonder what the MAGA lot will think when Harley Davidson go bust.

We do have to be fair here, in that we need to make it clear that American exporters won’t have to pay any tariffs…because the importer pays the tariff.A simple fact that Trump hasn’t yet grasped, and that would mean every penny he says other countries will be paying due to his tariffs would actually be coming from American pockets.

11 hours ago, bigmarv said:

More indication of just how far the GOP have gone off the rails with Trump:

https://x.com/texastribune/status/1832124562538164348?s=46&t=xPJPP8XhkjP2gHd-fFnD_Q

Democrats cheering an endorsement from a neocon war criminal.

John Bolton a regular contributor on MSNBC & CNN.

What a time to be alive.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Democrats cheering an endorsement from a neocon war criminal.

John Bolton a regular contributor on MSNBC & CNN.

What a time to be alive.

Yeah, wouldn’t it be great if the contest was between a good person and a bad person.

But it’s not.

On 18/07/2024 at 13:51, Cheese said:

I guess one of the side effects of Trump Derangement Syndrome is it white knights and rehabilitates some equally awful people.

Points to the sign.

Not convinced by this "fash-leaning Republicans are voting for Trump because he's bad news" thing; I think it's far more likely that they've realised he's going to lose and set their cause back. Doesn't help that he's only interested in Donald J. Trump being dictator and not the wider plan of ensuring Republicans rule in perpetuity.

6 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I don't really understand the American constitution so can somebody tell me whether there is any way that the Supreme Court can give the election to Trump?

Not as such, from what I understand.

John Oliver had a good video on how the Republicans are trying to nullify democracy, but it takes a lot of effort at multiple levels over time. They aren't there yet, but a major problem is that they're managing to harass impartial officials until they resign, replacing them with good Republicans who know what needs to be done to ensure victory.