US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

2 hours ago, velo army said:

The shouts for Michelle Obama are incredible. Being married to the president for 8 years doesn't qualify as experience in political office. 

Nonetheless, she'd leather Trump in the election and at this stage, that would do me fine. Keeping that c**t out is more important than anything else at this stage. Everything else is fixable. 

1 minute ago, HTG said:

Nonetheless, she'd leather Trump in the election and at this stage, that would do me fine. Keeping that c**t out is more important than anything else at this stage. Everything else is fixable. 

If Biden is endorsing Harris it’s (sadly) because Michelle Obama’s ‘no’ is a definite no.

If the Democrats actually win this election, it would be the funniest thing to happen in politics since basically ever. I don’t think they will but we’ll see.

Just now, ICTChris said:

If the Democrats actually win this election, it would be the funniest thing to happen in politics since basically ever. I don’t think they will but we’ll see.

This is true. Nobody would need to shoot Trump - he'd probably combust. 

The Democrats must now coalesce around Harris very quickly.  No internal fighting or jockeying for position, no expressions of dissent.

Run-of-the-mill white guy as VP candidate would probably be politically electorally astute.

Edited by Granny Danger

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The Democrats must now coalesce around Harris very quickly.  No internal fighting or jockeying for position, no expressions of dissent.

Run-of-the-mill white guy as VP candidate would probably be politically electorally astute.

Josh Shapiro maybe. 

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Josh Shapiro maybe. 

Don’t know him.  A quick Google suggests he would tick a lot of the boxes.  Seems popular across the political divide in a swing state.

Harris has to go for someone who has all the attributes and has voter appeal rather than a ‘buddy’.

54 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I keep seeing a Kamala/FBI Petey ticket getting floated, which would
make sense. Buttigieg is consistently the most impressive of the Cabinet in front of camera - boy does his homework and he doesn’t take pish. It could also be positioned very much as ‘old America’ - geriatric white (under all the slap) plutocrat vs ‘new America’. Might work. 

Buttigieg would wipe the floor with Trump in the debates.

Unfortunately, there’s very little chance America will elect a gay president. 

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Don’t know him.  A quick Google suggests he would tick a lot of the boxes.  Seems popular across the political divide in a swing state.

Harris has to go for someone who has all the attributes and has voter appeal rather than a ‘buddy’.

Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear would be of similar vein.