Clydebank 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Company name is just one assets not history Clydebank became airdrie. 

im a supporter of Celtic however the rangers situation is different as the reformed rangers took over rangers and not a different club 

Rangers were liquidated ya dafty 😂

All the Clydebank history was handed back to the Trust.-Therefore same club,,same badge,same company,same fans.

Airdrie had to be called Utd because they couldn’t use Airdrieonians at the time due to them being liquidated.Do you see the pattern there?

10 minutes ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Company name is just one assets not history Clydebank became airdrie. 

im a supporter of Celtic however the rangers situation is different as the reformed rangers took over rangers and not a different club 

How can you take over something that's no longer in existence?

6 minutes ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Took over the licence and registration of the previous rangers, airdrie utd took Clydebank licence and registration 

Why did they have to be granted conditional membership to play Brechin City in the Ramsden Cup?

2 hours ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

Don't let facts or semantics get in the way of rhubarb though. We're still in a juniors world, evidently.

(Largs still have a committee in any case. I prefer "board".)

Personally I'm all in favour of chairpersons being renamed as benevolent dictator for life

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Did happen on occasion

Perhaps you should take the phrase from your big ex beith  chum that's  JB on board that is, 

'Sometimes you're best keeping your mouth closed and being thought a fool rather than opening one's mouth and removing all doubt '...

1 hour ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Took over the licence and registration of the previous rangers, airdrie utd took Clydebank licence and registration 

Wrong again,they got an entirely new license and entered the SPFL as a new club with no voting rights for the first 2 years as is the case with any new club entering the league.

27 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Perhaps you should take the phrase from your big ex beith  chum that's  JB on board that is, 

'Sometimes you're best keeping your mouth closed and being thought a fool rather than opening one's mouth and removing all doubt '...

You should always treat advice from an expert seriously 

11 hours ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

I googled it for the first time ever 10 minutes ago.

I'm glad I have a full weekend to process this mind-blowing rhubarb information.

An emotional rollercoaster of a thread, and educational too. 

Edited by Shanner