Clydebank 2023/2024

Nearly a full lunch break catching up with this thread and still haven't a clue what is going on in here. 

1)The most I have taken from it is Clydebank fans confident of going up this season

2)Darvel fan(s) think you are a kid on team....

3)Universal feeling of club being run by an arrogant bunch who think they are above others. 

About an hour reading just to summaries those points. 

Won't be back in here in a while. 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You could have been in the SPFL by now if you had been willing to play outside Clydebank for a few seasons. If BSC Glasgow could groundshare with Maryhill presumaby you could have instead of them. I made no statement as to whether the only within the confines of the Burgh posture was sensible or not. Just pointed out that you didn't bolt to the senior grade at the first opportunity so the criticism from some Ayrshire posters seemed a bit strange to me.

We’ve never had a big backer the way that some of our contemporaries have, we rely on gate money and sponsors who see value for money with their adverts and engagement, playing somewhere else where we are removed from the community would see a fall in attendance that wouldnt allow us to make a decent go for being in a LL and playing outside the town at that time. 

15 minutes ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Nearly a full lunch break catching up with this thread and still haven't a clue what is going on in here. 

1)The most I have taken from it is Clydebank fans confident of going up this season

dunno where youve got that from, most seem to think its still Beiths to win and even if we did beating Broxburn would be incredibly difficult. Most of us are enjoying a decent bit of form and a team thats both able to grind out results and in other games play some pretty entertaining football and in some ways match the physicality that many of us have felt we’ve lacked for years. 

It’s almost as if they can’t take that their bubble is burst, but regardless, who cares what they think. 

3)Universal feeling of club being run by an arrogant bunch who think they are above others. 

Im sure the Clydebank fans will all be gutted that people feel that way, which is a shame because we’re universally treated so well wherever we go.  

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You could have been in the SPFL by now if you had been willing to play outside Clydebank for a few seasons. If BSC Glasgow could groundshare with Maryhill presumaby you could have instead of them. I made no statement as to whether the only within the confines of the Burgh posture was sensible or not. Just pointed out that you didn't bolt to the senior grade at the first opportunity so the criticism from some Ayrshire posters seemed a bit strange to me.

The playing in Clydebank thing is hugely important. If we had been in situation where saying we only had to play elsewhere for a cpl of seasons until a facility was readied that's one thing ( we were at Maryhill for a season while Holm Park was done up ) but that just wasn't on the cards until ... it was on the cards. Its not the temporary move that was issue it was potentially not being able to come back. Not all will agree but that was decision and its worked out

22 minutes ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Nice takes. 

2 hours ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Universal? A few p***ks on an internet forum full of wind up merchants 😂

I always thought we brought significance and highlighted the great teams in these leagues from the small clubs to the major ones, Most should actually be playing at a higher level and becoming an important team in football History. 

We have always lived on a shoe~string budget but the Steedman family knew their stuff. They got us promoted twice into the premier league and beat the Old Firm.

We are not being arrogant to move up, it’s just what Mr Jack Steedman & Co instilled. Money doesn’t bring fame and titles. Belief does.

Edited by Sir Kenneth of Eadie

6 hours ago, fieldsofdreams said:

I don't know whats given you that impression m8 ... Its more than likely Beith's to throw away .... we'll keep on trying but we know we're gonna need some favourable results elsewhere ... nobody ive spoken to is expecting anything in terms of us going up this season.

11 minutes ago, mike strutter said:

I don't know whats given you that impression m8 ... Its more than likely Beith's to throw away .... we'll keep on trying but we know we're gonna need some favourable results elsewhere ... nobody ive spoken to is expecting anything in terms of us going up this season.

Beith as always are the firm underdogs  . We will just plug away and hope for the best and Clydebank have a great team this season and they're up there on merit .

20 minutes ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Interested to see your thoughts on the LL following the vote on B teams.  You have none competitive teams playing in a “competitive” league that can largely affect the outcome however can’t win the league themselves.  

for me more than ever the LL needs scraped along with the clowns running it.  It is a farcical league.  

im assuming with you brown nosing “board of directors” they would have already shown support to the LL hoping for favourable treatment.  

Who is this directed at pal?

24 minutes ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Interested to see your thoughts on the LL following the vote on B teams.  You have none competitive teams playing in a “competitive” league that can largely affect the outcome however can’t win the league themselves.  

for me more than ever the LL needs scraped along with the clowns running it.  It is a farcical league.  

im assuming with you brown nosing “board of directors” they would have already shown support to the LL hoping for favourable treatment.  

And which league are you referring to here? The LL or the WoSFL premier? Is it the B teams you mean?

16 hours ago, Sir Kenneth of Eadie said:

I always thought we brought significance and highlighted the great teams in these leagues from the small clubs to the major ones, Most should actually be playing at a higher level and becoming an important team in football History. 

We have always lived on a shoe~string budget but the Steedman family knew their stuff. They got us promoted twice into the premier league and beat the Old Firm.

We are not being arrogant to move up, it’s just what Mr Jack Steedman & Co instilled. Money doesn’t bring fame and titles. Belief does.

No harm to you but that's just birthday caird pish. No harm in dreaming I suppose.  keep on believing and I'm sure champions league football will be just around the corner.

14 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Beith as always are the firm underdogs  . We will just plug away and hope for the best and Clydebank have a great team this season and they're up there on merit .

Haha , aye nae bother m8 … if you don’t win it it’ll be because you’ve shit the bed … you have 4 games in hand , Beith are favourites.

1 hour ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

“Scraping” the LL isn’t going to happen.

Starting up the West Juniors can happen easily.

Why don’t you lobby your club? It’s clearly what you want.

2 hours ago, mike strutter said:

Haha , aye nae bother m8 … if you don’t win it it’ll be because you’ve shit the bed … you have 4 games in hand , Beith are favourites.

With this league being as competitive as it has ever been I think that points already won are more valuable than any games in hand.And Clydebank keep winning so I think they are favourites at the moment no matter how much that is downplayed.

18 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

With this league being as competitive as it has ever been I think that points already won are more valuable than any games in hand.And Clydebank keep winning so I think they are favourites at the moment no matter how much that is downplayed.

Giving that Clydebank have started spending, will it be seen as a failure if they do not win the league? Has money been spent with the expectation of going up this year? 

22 minutes ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Giving that Clydebank have started spending, will it be seen as a failure if they do not win the league? Has money been spent with the expectation of going up this year? 

I doubt that given that Truesdale has signed for 2 1/2 years!

Edited by Vanderbilt

1 hour ago, fieldsofdreams said:

It will be a failure then as with beith having only played 4 at home this season I’d say they are very strong favourites and be amazed if they don’t win the league