Premiership - new strips 2023/24.

5 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Aye, I wasn't sure at first either but when it's been shown being worn it looks pretty decent I'd say.

Crown extend main sponsorship deal - Dundee Football Club - Official Website

It's a look that is either F wing in Barlinnie or make you a £6 coffee in the West End, not much in the middle.

13 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Oaft. That's like the kind of pish you see at the rugby league world cup or the Scottish bowls team at the Commonwealth games. 

You think that's bad - how about this beauty?

image.jpeg.e3cf90874637faf8f523660bc84e6e21.jpeg

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'll let you be the judge, here's the shirt in natural daylight.

image.png.d723f0e5364ef66b38ada8e4e8fca439.png

Looks great even there tbf, bar the tartan flashes at the collar.

Good strip = Good season, so well done on your top 6 challenge.

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'll let you be the judge, here's the shirt in natural daylight.

image.png.d723f0e5364ef66b38ada8e4e8fca439.png

It's a wee thing, but getting the sponser to agree to colour match their logo to gold, to fit the rest of the detailing, does make a difference. Quite a nice kit when seen in natural light.

County's effort is extremely meh. Better than being ugly as sin which tends to be the default for them in recent seasons though.

6 minutes ago, For Your Pies Only said:

It's a wee thing, but getting the sponser to agree to colour match their logo to gold, to fit the rest of the detailing, does make a difference. Quite a nice kit when seen in natural light.

County's effort is extremely meh. Better than being ugly as sin which tends to be the default for them in recent seasons though.

I like it but would have preferred the tartan on the collar to have been less, maybe just a wee flash at the front (settle down Kenneth).

40 minutes ago, Radford said:

Anyone looked up the Macron catalogue from 2018/19 and identified the Erith & Belvedere strip from that season, as that will no doubt be ours.

Absolutely screaming of it 

0654952D-43C8-442D-B7F8-A3FF7F6378F2.jpeg

5 hours ago, Saint Huck said:

The beige mini skirt spoils it.

It adds a lot to it IMO.  In fairness, if you don’t see the tartan, it’s a decent kit from macron yet again. Happy to change my mind there. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Anyone looked up the Macron catalogue from 2018/19 and identified the Erith & Belvedere strip from that season, as that will no doubt be ours.

St Johnstone seem to be the only team with that agreement with Macron.  Templates every time.  

1 hour ago, For Your Pies Only said:

Somebody at County has obviously given the shirt manufacturers a “modernist” remit, as opposed to say, Motherwell, who are so retro-chic it hurts.   As a result, even our Macron “bespoke” kits were ugly.  Our current kit is actually okay for once, but it still falls into the modern design remit for some reason.   It’s a shame, because that County colour goes well with a round white neck. 

There is, of course, a hard and fast rule in kit design.  Less is more, 100% of the time.  Failing that, think 1973 and you’ll usually get a winner. 

Edited by Savage Henry

20 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

St Johnstone seem to be the only team with that agreement with Macron.  Templates every time.  

Ours are meant to be bespoke, im sure.

Often feels like its just an extra bit of piping on a stock effort though, or some daft wee detail.

County ones are a bit dull, though the extra detail is nice, if maybe a bit too subtle.

Dundee's looks much better on, but still only OK.

Rangers, I don't really get the dislike. It's nothing special, and looks a bit samey but it's visibly a Rangers top and not horrific.