Elgin City 23-24

13 hours ago, afca32 said:

Finally a wee bit of optimisim after a good result on Saturday then boom! Elgin City hit you with another shocker. Although unlikely I'd expect I'd be happy with Robertson.

I would be really happy with Robertson if it is a possibility at all. It might just fall into place, reasonably local and a part time position would mabye suit him being in his early 60s.

No great surprise. I had already mentioned on here his last 6 jobs all lasted a year tops. I'm guessing very little research went into the appointment. Just one thing after another just now. I would be reasonably excited by Robbo also, but not sure someone like him would touch it as is the absolute mess we are in just now.

4 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

I would be really happy with Robertson if it is a possibility at all. It might just fall into place, reasonably local and a part time position would mabye suit him being in his early 60s.

Robertson’s job at ICT allowed him to work on Sportsound and spent most Saturdays watching Ross County. Can’t see even Elgin allowing him to be in Dingwall not BB on a Saturday! Can’t see him giving up a job with the BBC to manage Elgin🤔

1 hour ago, 1993 said:

Robertson’s job at ICT allowed him to work on Sportsound and spent most Saturdays watching Ross County. Can’t see even Elgin allowing him to be in Dingwall not BB on a Saturday! Can’t see him giving up a job with the BBC to manage Elgin🤔

Aye you are right not likely at all. Plus I see Elgin publicly looking for applications before Friday. Draper in charge for Saturdays game. Like going round and round in circles this carry on.

1 hour ago, 1993 said:

Can't imagine giving radio updates from Victoria Park once a fortnight is a big earner.

Hey everyone, hope you're all well. I'm looking for an Elgin City fan to come on a Patreon podcast to talk about their season so far. I wondered if anyone in here would be happy to stick their hand up or recommend someone for it?

(And before anyone says the ECFC Podcast, that account has us blocked on Twitter so doubt they'd be up for it 😂 . No idea why. Each to their own, I guess.)

Is this a case of the club thinking they've made a mistake in hiring Smith and allowing him to spare his blushes by painting it as his decision or has he genuinely packed it in due to travel? I know he did the same when at Aldershot and he had a new contract on the table at the time.

The travelling excuse is the easy out. He only just signed a 2 year contract and I’m sure he would have had an inkling about a change of work role if there was one in the pipeline! He either thought this a hopeless case or didn’t think he was going to get the backing he wanted come January.

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is this a case of the club thinking they've made a mistake in hiring Smith and allowing him to spare his blushes by painting it as his decision or has he genuinely packed it in due to travel? I know he did the same when at Aldershot and he had a new contract on the table at the time.

Nah I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it is just to travel. A tough job but there were some encouraging signs under him.

Oh well, it’s done now. Just need to move on

35 minutes ago, CrispyMelon said:

Nah I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it is just to travel. A tough job but there were some encouraging signs under him.

Oh well, it’s done now. Just need to move on

Maybe it's the cynic in me but somehow I think if you were winning every week and about to win the League 2 title then both parties would have found a way to make it work.