Elgin City 23-24

Good news with the extra addictions it’s shaping up a bit better now and with Shane Sutherland in training to I’d easily take him back once he’s fit and 100% especially as we’re not that strong up front now since Hester left

The squad is looking a little more balanced now with the guys going out on loan for the rest of the season. Will be curious to see how Barron does back in the highland league as I felt he's really struggled with the step up to league two. 

I agreeBooth looks a good player but he failed to get close enough to his opponent allowing him to cross on 3 occasions one of which led to the goal. He must improve on that aspect of his game and hopefully Allan Hale saw it. Overall, however, we look a much better team. Even if we finish bottom I am more confident  now of winning a playoff which was not the case 2 months ago

Having seen East Kilbride we don’t want to finish bottom! As a full back defending, your number one job is to prevent crosses. I wouldn’t go overboard yet.

There certainly seems to have been a loosening of the purse strings since Mr Tatters stepped down. In the position we are in don’t think they had much choice but I hope they don’t sell the family silver!

Don't think you have any concerns re relegation.

Looks like we are in an almost impossible situation now.

Noticed a big improvement in Elgin's team on Tuesday night. If we have any hopes of catching anyone (which are looking slim), it will likely be Stranraer or Forfar.

On 03/02/2024 at 18:43, elginer said:

Agree on the comments about Ross Draper. Elgin look a solid side now and Tuesday night will I think determine how our season goes. A win on the road would boost confidence no end. 

Google maps dug out to enable another ground to be ticked off...

..on a Tuesday?  I must be mad!

This may be the first time I've ever praised an Elgin city board but Bringing Hale and Laird in has been such a fantastic move, I've been so impressed by everything they've done and said since coming in and their contacts and eye for a player seems to be quite an asset, I don't remember a time in our league history where players being brought in improve the squad so much rather than just adding numbers, excited to see what kind of squad they put together over the summer. 

No, I would say he is the best loan, certainly for immediate impact that we have signed in a long time. His final ball/ decision making could be better but that may improve with his match fitness but certainly can’t see him at Elgin beyond the summer😕