First Divison 23/24

22 minutes ago, St.Inan said:

Typical comment from you that has nothing to do with my opinion about Connor moving on, but if you think it won't lessen our chances then that's your opinion and your entitled to it. 

If you want to talk about my inspiration come and speak to me and we can discuss some of your inspirational moments over the years, it looks like you take a smug reaction to trying to identify me without naming me well that's the kind of discussion I prefer to have in private face to face so come and speak to me anytime you feel like it. 

I most certainly will  and i will be in my usual perch at our next three home games,  just far too much negativity surrounding our club at the moment from people who maybe aren't Involved as much these days as they once were , just my opinion of course and with so much good happening at  our club then I felt it was a bit over the top to hit two threads regarding the news of us losing Conner,  after all there's been so many good things including winning last seasons championship that could have led to good positive posts on here if that took your fancy..........

On 24/02/2024 at 20:12, outoftownballer said:

Kilbirnie won with relative ease today, the ref made the game closer than it was, Connelly and Black were both standouts. The good run continues. Kilbirnie were missing a few players today so it was a good day at the office. 

I must admit I thought it would be to much of an uphill task for Kilbirnie to be near the promotion spots after their start, however its some run their on & teams above them keep dropping points. The league is so open. Very hard to call who will finish in the top 3.

4 hours ago, Johnny Sox said:

It's crazy tight, any 3 from 9.

Suppose they will all be hoping Beith are not champions then could be 4.

To be fair, even if Clydebank win the league or another licensed club, I don't think they will win the playoff as I've watched Broxburn Athletic who are way out in front of the EOSFL and think they will win the payoff. So correct me if I'm wrong, this would mean only 3 are promoted if a WOSFL team don't win the playoff?

I believe the only way a 4th can be promoted from the first division is that the WOSFL champions are licensed and they win the playoff, (thus leaving the WOSFL to join the Lowland) and no WOSFL location team is relegated from the Lowland league.  Sure someone can confirm this is correct or not?

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Drumchapel Utd moved up to second spot after they beat Ashfield 2-0 on Tuesday night. They are looking ominous, but have 8 of their last 10 games away from home, having only won 3 of the previous 7 on their travels.

Screenshot_20240306_203616_Chrome.jpg

10 hours ago, AM-1 said:

For the silly money The Burgh are splashing about they aren't half struggling!?

What’s happenin there? They’ve spent a fortune, getting horsed every week? 

8 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

They're hardly getting horsed every week, they've only lost 5 league games and they're in the semi final of the Scottish Junior Cup.

They will be promoted, and will probably win the league with a bit to spare.

They’re 9th huvnae won a geme in the last 5 tbf a couple of Scottish wins on pens. They should be pissing the league. Beat aff Drumchapel, beat aff Threave and beat aff Kilbirnie so no won in a month. 

they’ve spent a fortune. No the results I would have assumed. 

u giving it the defensive cos yer playin them this weekend! Aye im no as daft as a look! 

Edited by Ben10

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

They're hardly getting horsed every week, they've only lost 5 league games and they're in the semi final of the Scottish Junior Cup.

They will be promoted, and will probably win the league with a bit to spare.

They won't. Promotion maybe but they won't win it.

Edited by jimbaxters

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

They won't. Promotion maybe but they won't win it.

Time will tell, I think they will.

Hopefully we can put a dent in their ambitions on Saturday, but it's a tough task for us.

7 hours ago, Ben10 said:

Johnstone have wasted fortunes to be sitting where they - I agree it’s not good enough given that backdrop - but they’re not getting horsed every week.

However, like the Buffs,  questions should be asked of the management. Nowhere near good enough if they manage to get up this year. 

Concern for the Burgh is time and fixture backlog 

3 games to reschedule post Scottish Cup semi, so it either means renting out Renfrew under flood lights or the old 3 games in 5/6 days and I remember how that ended in 1998

You don’t want to be needing results, including at habitual Burgh graveyards like Shotts, with that schedule 

7 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

............or the old 3 games in 5/6 days and I remember how that ended in 1998

Oh yes I remember it very well as well, known to the Glencairn following as "that night at Johnstone Burgh". 😍