Germany 2024

invergowrie arab

40 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If you have 3750 Euros to spare you can buy a hospitality deal for Scotland's 3 group matches, money back if they don't qualify. Official UEFA partner.

https://www.2024-hospitality.com/en/global/hospitality-packages/follow-my-team/scotland-DA00003892?l1=P100023311&l2=P100023299

Am I crazy to even consider it? 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Not really if you don't have points. Some of the tickets on their own last time were £500 and it's not much more than a Caribbean holiday for maybe a once in a lifetime thing. 

20 minutes ago, 101 said:

Is it not a massive gamble though that Scotland are in the first game which could be played in Berlin or Munich. Or have I missed Frankfurt being the opening ground?

No, you're right, the opening game is in Munich.

The flight I'm looking at gets in at 9am and google tells me its a 3.5 hr train from Frankfurt to Munich, so if I'm unlucky and it ends up being Germany vs Scotland in the opening game it's still possible to make it I guess. Or I could play it safe and head out on the Thursday which is probably the more sensible option.

It's not really too much of a crisis if you book up in, say, Frankfurt, and we end up playing down in Munich or over in Berlin.

Most games (and I think every group stage, at least once per team) will have a game in that western region of Germany, so it's not a huge gamble.

Plus, we're talking about the Deutsche Bahn here, naw ScotRail.

22 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

It's not really too much of a crisis if you book up in, say, Frankfurt, and we end up playing down in Munich or over in Berlin.

Most games (and I think every group stage, at least once per team) will have a game in that western region of Germany, so it's not a huge gamble.

Plus, we're talking about the Deutsche Bahn here, naw ScotRail.

You obviously don't know DB that well. One of the huge issues I and many here foresee is their ability to run the services smoothly given the extra burden they will be taking.

12 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

C112B4DB-9EB2-4A0C-BB19-24FE5244AA81.thumb.jpeg.4b26d3d3864c8d06d01bc8e1531ed282.jpeg

Stolen from another forum but I thought this could be useful for anyone planning to go over.

Jumping onto this, https://www.chronotrains.com/en is a handy site for anyone planning on staying in cities without a host stadium, but still with good rail links. Darker Red = Quicker, as the key shows.

For example, here's KasselScreenshot_20230622_154415.thumb.jpg.c5dd96159da1f3b7cf8bdaceb380985a.jpg

Works for most of Europe, for anyone planning on going a wee adventure after.

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

You obviously don't know DB that well. One of the huge issues I and many here foresee is their ability to run the services smoothly given the extra burden they will be taking.

I'm pretty sure they'll be able to put on a show when the Euros are in town.

Same with any TOCs in the UK - they start to give a shit when folk from outwith the area use their service. Reputation and all.

16 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

I'm pretty sure they'll be able to put on a show when the Euros are in town.

Same with any TOCs in the UK - they start to give a shit when folk from outwith the area use their service. Reputation and all.

I hope so. They're prone to last minute cancellations, hours of delay etc due to anything from faulty tracks to people on the line. 

39 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I hope so. They're prone to last minute cancellations, hours of delay etc due to anything from faulty tracks to people on the line. 

Hopefully they've got a far right government in place by this time next year and will have this ironed out.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Goes up to €4,462.50 with VAT, just for the 3 group games.. :eek:

P.S. About £3,838.93

Edited by welshbairn

12 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I thought about it briefly but tbh, I'd probably enjoy heading to a fan park or bar and blowing a few grand on beers more.

If the hospitality bar at the ground's decent it would be a good way to avoid the crowds before and especially after the games, .with tens of thousands at the U-bahn or whatever. Academic anyway for me at the moment.

Your country of residence probably plays no part as you will be making use of the service in the  EU as a consumer.

Do I pay VAT on services from EU?

At present where a service provider provide services to a non-business/consumer in another EU state VAT is generally charged in the supplier's state.
Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite
ADDITIONAL INFO

Booked up a flight and accommodation to Dusseldorf. I've done that as 4 stadiums so near to each other. Going to 2 weeks then going home but if Scotland do qualify for the next round then I will go back but i was surprised there is 2 rest days after the group stages and then another 2 after the 2nd round. 

Hopefully I have enough points for Scotland tickets - currently on 11 but hope to get tickets in Georgia and France. I've pre-registered in UEFA that I want tickets for the 4 stadiums next to each other.

These was Euro 2020 ticket prices:

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/history/news/0253-0d821c0faceb-9c6313dd551c-1000--uefa-euro-2020-ticket-details-announced/

Edited by betting competition

Fuckit, I've gone for the hospitality deal. :1eye I'm a zero pointer and doubt I have much chance of getting tickets any other way. Germany is about the perfect country for a summer football tournament and I've no intention of going to the World Cup in North America which would likely cost a lot more, as would have Qatar. Just means I'll be sticking with my 2012 plate rust bucket of a car until it's ready for the wreckers yard. :lol:

P.S. Flights and accommodation sorted for Berlin from the first group games to the Quarter Finals, accommodation fully refundable if the games are too far away.  

Edited by welshbairn