Titanic II

Just now, welshbairn said:

I got a bit addicted watching the live streams of BP trying to seal the well heads in the Mexican Gulf after Deepwater Horizon, even looked into how to get a job operating them.

There's a UKCS operator who very recently lost an ROV that's still on the seabed. I might be referring to BP, I might not.

44 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

It's not good for those involved and their families, but does this really deserve nearly 10 minutes of coverage at the start of the BBC news, given everything else that's going on in the world at the moment. 

Important people are in peril

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

There's a UKCS operator who very recently lost an ROV that's still on the seabed. I might be referring to BP, I might not.

Mind there was a method statement came out of BP for an ROV to scrub off the massive cock painted on a substantial template. Quite an amount of substantial infrastructure has badly drawn cocks on it, which is pleasing. 

29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Mind there was a method statement came out of BP for an ROV to scrub off the massive cock painted on a substantial template. Quite an amount of substantial infrastructure has badly drawn cocks on it, which is pleasing. 

Could you clarify? Is it pleasing the cocks are drawn badly, or that substantial infrastructure seems to attract cocks?

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Could you clarify? Is it pleasing the cocks are drawn badly, or that substantial infrastructure seems to attract cocks?

It was meant to say subsea infrastructure btw. 

I just like to see graffiti cocks on things, and the more remote and surprising the better. 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It was meant to say subsea infrastructure btw. 

I just like to see graffiti cocks on things, and the more remote and surprising the better. 

First thing I'd have done on the moon's surface, hidden from the cameras but viewable from earth with a telescope.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Chuckling at this BBC graphic... sole point of which is illustrating how deep a diver can go, how deep a proper sub can go, and how deep the bottom is, but disposes of any semblance of scale:

88043ce8-de9b-4710-9c13-3803760e0b03.png

Rangers reward fans' loyalty and commitment in SFL3 by freezing season  ticket prices for next season : r/soccerimage.jpeg.8a404d680b58633e606ee7d8063fb2f3.jpeg

Edited by Rugster

How shite would it be if you were bobbing about on the surface somewhere but you are still fucked because you need someone outside to open the sub.

Surely with the super strength you would get from knowing you would die if you don’t do anything you could break the sub open at that point?

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

How shite would it be if you were bobbing about on the surface somewhere but you are still fucked because you need someone outside to open the sub.

Surely with the super strength you would get from knowing you would die if you don’t do anything you could break the sub open at that point?

Would you be trying to get through 5” of reinforced carbon fibre composite or the titanium hemispheres? What would you use, the PS 3 controller?