Titanic II

Says they're running out of oxygen right? Water is made up of 2 hydrogen molecules and 1 oxygen molecule. Can they not just wind down the windae grab some water and toss away the useless hydrogen molecules and keep the precious oxygen ones, wind up the windae and point that sucker upwards?

Edited by dirty dingus

Just now, dirty dingus said:

Says they're running out of oxygen right? Water is made up of 2 hydrogen molecules and 1 oxygen molecule. Can they not just wide down the windae grab some water and toss away the useless hydrogen molecules and keep the precious oxygen ones, wind up the windae and point that sucker upwards?

Surely if they keep the hydrogen molecules it would make the sub more buoyant and they'd rise to the surface?

Just now, GordonD said:

Surely if they keep the hydrogen molecules it would make the sub more buoyant and they'd rise to the surface?

A bit risky with what happened to the Hindenburg. They could maybe do that if the stick to vaping and don't try light a cigar or a doobie.

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Been laughing at this for the past 5 minutes, thank you Richey 

Can't stand these fucking glory hunters that think just because their vehicles go in water or through the air that they're better than me.

Yes, their vehicles can go to places mine cannot go. However, their fancy submarine couldn't hack the M77 at 8.30AM on a Tuesday morning.

2 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Won't be long before that stops in Nepal too. Cretins refusing to pay rescue fees will see to that.

Stranded idiot

Back on topic, was wondering how much air they have left  at this point? So to Google I went...

And of course 'mericans are ahead of the curve with a fucking countdown clock😐

resize.webp.c10e72096cf988881869b873932617ff.webp

Is it showing minus now? 

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

OK, time to take a vote.

Are they dead or alive?

I say - DEAD

I think they’re goners. I keep dipping into the BBC website and it really doesn’t change much over each passing day - banging noises, more search vehicles arriving, etc. No major development one way or the other. Unless there’s a dramatic last-gasp big announcement, I reckon they’ve had it. 

I assume that if they have had it, somehow, given time, these hi-tech French submersibles will eventually find the doomed sub, and we’ll learn if they got tangled up in the Titanic wreckage, or whatever. You’d think that somehow it’ll be found somewhere. Probably Largs beach the first weekend the schools go back.

15 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Can't stand these fucking glory hunters that think just because their vehicles go in water or through the air that they're better than me.

Yes, their vehicles can go to places mine cannot go. However, their fancy submarine couldn't hack the M77 at 8.30AM on a Tuesday morning.

What are duck boats? An explanation of the amphibious vehicles

Should be a piece of piss to make that submersible to the same standard as the lost one to be honest.

34 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Tuesday evening in the Hampden car park would be a different matter...

46 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

OK, time to take a vote.

Are they dead or alive?

I say - DEAD

Do the principles of Schrödinger’s cat apply here, as it’s a fixed group of participants, sealed into a container, with no observers? Imagining some Lloyd’s underwriter preparing an insurance payout denial with an argument that they aren’t dead,  but simply a cloud of possibilities, until someone finds the sub and peeks in.