Logging in issue.

scottsdad

Question

15 answers to this question

If you go to your profile (Account Settings), then Recently Used Devices, and choose to "sign out" of the device you're currently using, does that then make any difference when you log back in?

39 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I come to P&B. I click the "Existing user? Sign in" tab. Enter my credentials and get a message saying something went wrong.

Enter them again on that page and it lets me in.

Wee irritant

Yeah this has been reported by a few people.

Not sure if it's related to the cookie changing because the domain on the site has changed.

I made a change this morning to try and fix it but assume it hasn't?

If you log out and try logging back in does the same thing happen now?

41 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I come to P&B. I click the "Existing user? Sign in" tab. Enter my credentials and get a message saying something went wrong.

Enter them again on that page and it lets me in.

Wee irritant

This sometimes happens with me but I ignore the message, click on the section I want and it has signed me on.

ETA- only happens for me on tablet, not laptop or phone

Edited by jimbaxters

Just now, Div said:

Not sure if it's related to the cookie changing because the domain on the site has changed.

I gave up yesterday but got back in fine this morning. Yesterday the problem was I didn't get an email to reset my password. I did get an email saying my account was blocked because I used the wrong password though, got in no problem this morning using the same password.

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I gave up yesterday but got back in fine this morning. Yesterday the problem was I didn't get an email to reset my password. I did get an email saying my account was blocked because I used the wrong password though, got in no problem this morning using the same password.

Thanks for that feedback.

I'm pretty sure the login issue was/is purely down to the domain name changing and it *should* correct itself once you've successfully logged in, but I did make a change this morning to try and force that correction.

31 minutes ago, Div said:

Logged out and back in, same issue.

18 minutes ago, Div said:

If you go to your profile (Account Settings), then Recently Used Devices, and choose to "sign out" of the device you're currently using, does that then make any difference when you log back in?

That seemed to fix it for me, cheers

I've signed out and signed back in, and signed out of Recently Used Devices as above, but when I sign back in and try to access an individual forum (eg Scottish Championship General Chat) I get a 'This page isn't working' HTTP ERROR 500 message.

I can get onto the forum ok when not signed in.

4 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

I've signed out and signed back in, and signed out of Recently Used Devices as above, but when I sign back in and try to access an individual forum (eg Scottish Championship General Chat) I get a 'This page isn't working' HTTP ERROR 500 message.

I can get onto the forum ok when not signed in.

Is the 500 error purely showing on the SPFL forums? ie; Can you get to General Nonsense ok?

Few other users seem to be having problems with the SPFL section but not on others. We're trying to work through why that might be.

11 minutes ago, Div said:

Is the 500 error purely showing on the SPFL forums? ie; Can you get to General Nonsense ok?

Few other users seem to be having problems with the SPFL section but not on others. We're trying to work through why that might be.

Can get into some of the other forums, couldn't get into General Nonsense but got into others in that section (eg. Politics).  Can get into Other Football, can't get into any SPFL.

2 hours ago, Div said:

Cleared everything and entered again just now. Same double log in issue.