11. Caledonian Braves

12. Hearts B

13. Gala Fairydean Rovers

14. Albion Rovers

15. Broomhill

16. Bo'ness United

17. Gretna 2008

18. Edinburgh Uni

Ignoring B teams who officially don't count in determining final league positions:

1 EK (loadsofmoney)

2 Tranent (loadsofmoney)

3 Berwick Rangers (finished 22-23 very strongly)

15 Gretna 

16 Edinburgh Uni

Think anyone confident on predicting 4 to 14 is claiming a level of insight nobody can reasonably expect to have at this point.

11 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

More like 3rd bottom for Albion Rovers. They wont even get top half

Really depends on who resigns from last season and the new players coming in.

At least they have a manager who has experience of this league which is vital.

I just thought feck it, lets have a punt.

I've got to put Tranent as the winners but think it will be close with a few especially East Kilbride.   Think the first season for Linlithgow will be too much but still think they will do well, similar to what Tranent did in their first season, did Tranent have a slow start to their Lowland League season ?

Berwick, Cowdenbeath and East Stirlingshire, I'm expecting better things from these 3 from previous years and think Beath will be the strongest.  Nothing showing so far that would tell me to put Albion Rovers higher and I get a feeling Gretna will finish last.  Bo'ness I would have fancied higher but hearing of their new manager and new squad I've got to think they will be lower but definitely too good to be at the bottom. Broomhill not everyone's favorite but they have  a lease with Dumbarton for 5 years so will be settled for a while, they still have money easily for a few years but at what level that takes them, its about good management and players to bring in, think they will be mid table /top half of the table come the end of the season.

1.    Tranent

2.   East Kilbride

3.   Celtic B

4.   Linlithgow   

5.   Cowdenbeath

6.   Stirling Uni

7.   Berwick Rangers

8.   Broomhill 

9.   Civil Service Strollers

10.   Cumbernauld

11.    Hearts of Midlothian B

12.  East Stirlingshire

13.   Albion Rovers

14.  Bo'ness

15.  Caledonian Braves

16.  Gala

17.  Edi Uni

18.  Gretna 2008   

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Broomhill and East Kilbride were everyone's picks this time last year. No guarantees. Question to any EK supporters: You're obviously well fancied in this league most seasons, do you reckon Kennedy/Ferry and the business done is the right combo to take the next step? I'm not overly familiar with the names brought in, but I'd say Tranent have recruited more experienced names for this level - and as sound a guy as Si Ferry comes across generally speaking, I'm not convinced he isn't a bit of a carry on presence in the dressing rooms he's in. Time will tell though.

Edited by Omnishambles

1 hour ago, roy of the rovers said:

Difficult to predict Rovers at the moment as we have 5 signed players but my gut feeling is we'd end up fairly high up, perhaps around 4th.

It’s quite a hard league to fall into but your manager will know what it’s about after his stint with Shire last season.

1. EK

2. Tranent

3. Linlithgow 

With the money spent, EK and Tranent should be well clear of the orhers... think Linlithgow will need a season to find out what LL is all about (like Tranent last season) - think they'll be best of rest but have a few teams not far behind them.

14. Edinburgh Uni

15. Gretna 

16. Broomhill 

Uni had it in them to get results... and while one of the weaker sides left, I do think last season was a freakishly poor one for them. Gretna are another poor side... and have consistently been poor. I think it'll be a 3rd year in a row hoping at least 1 other is worse than them.

Broomhill... I just get a feeling that there is an implosion coming...

11 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Really depends on who resigns from last season and the new players coming in.

At least they have a manager who has experience of this league which is vital.

He has very little experience tbh, I don't buy into the narrative that him and George spin about 'turning the club around'. He doesn't know the level at all, his recruitment at Shire (bar Niyah) was poor.

2 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

He has very little experience tbh, I don't buy into the narrative that him and George spin about 'turning the club around'. He doesn't know the level at all, his recruitment at Shire (bar Niyah) was poor.

Niyah had good returns for the Shire considering he arrived in February! Certainly the most threatening player when we played yous in March, but, he didn't have too much support!

Definitely would have taken him here!

10 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Broomhill and East Kilbride were everyone's picks this time last year. No guarantees. Question to any EK supporters: You're obviously well fancied in this league most seasons, do you reckon Kennedy/Ferry and the business done is the right combo to take the next step? I'm not overly familiar with the names brought in, but I'd say Tranent have recruited more experienced names for this level - and as sound a guy as Si Ferry comes across generally speaking, I'm not convinced he isn't a bit of a carry on presence in the dressing rooms he's in. Time will tell though.

As an EK fan I'm wary of the circus that Kennedy/Ferry will bring, but then again the club have tried the more traditionally experienced route with the likes of Stark, Aitken & Rutkiewicz and it hasn't worked so maybe something different is what's needed.

Certainly willing to give the new guys a chance but I'm not overly filled with confidence for the new season, particularly with the added challenge of the strength of the likes of Tranent and potentially Albion Rovers (if they keep things together).