Kilwinning Rangers v Shotts Bon Accord
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy v Pollok
Rutherglen Glencairn v Dunbar United/Cumbernauld Colts
Tranent v Broxburn Athletic
Troon v Caledonian Braves

and-thats-ok-thats-fine.gif

Dunbar not EOSFL anymore Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

• 2 weeks later...

Leith not happy their SRCC game is two days before Christmas, though with the next round on 3rd February and Threave playing on 20th January one of Threave's league games would have to make way.

https://leithathleticeos.co.uk/club-statement-south-challenge-cup-4th-round/

Leith Athletic are disappointed that the rearranged tie in the South Challenge Cup has been rescheduled for Saturday 23/12/23 at 2pm. The tie is away to Threave Rovers who play in Castle Douglas, Dumfries.

When I got the email from the Challenge Cup secretary nearly two weeks ago I queried this immediately.

The 23/12/23 is a designated free week in East of Scotland football and has been since the fixtures were announced in the summer.

Our players have family plans, holidays and most have just finished work the day before so many have Christmas work nights out organised .

I also noted to the secretary that there are two other rescheduled 4th round ties and they are both scheduled for 20/1/24 – one of the ties is just 15 miles apart ….

I asked for an explanation why we are being asked to travel on a free week for over 3 hours on 23/12/23 when a tie 15 miles apart is cast on 20/1/24 .

I am frustrated and angry to write we have not had the courtesy of any explanation. I have requested this several times in the last few days .

We have worked very hard on the pitch to get to this round and cost us a good sum financially but we will be playing this game without a full squad for no real reason. The club, our players and supporters deserve so much better.

Ger Freedman

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2023 at 13:49, Ginaro said:

Leith not happy their SRCC game is two days before Christmas, though with the next round on 3rd February and Threave playing on 20th January one of Threave's league games would have to make way.

https://leithathleticeos.co.uk/club-statement-south-challenge-cup-4th-round/

That's only half the story.  Other 2 rescheduled games allocated to 20 Jan, a cup date in EoSL calendar.  Leith told to play 23 Dec - a free date in EoSL calendar.  Leith tie the furthest apart travel distance wise by a long way.  Rediculous to ask a team to travel 7 hour round trip 2 days before Xmas. Throw in the difficulty in accessing a bus for 23 Dec & the cost (a lot higher than was being asked for the bus when first attempt to play game was cancelled ON THE DAY).  Threave, a WoSL club, do NOT have a WoSL fixture on 20 Jan.  They are due to play Stranraer Reserves that day in a SoSL cup competition.  South Cup sec has been extremely uncommunicative in responding to Leith's requests for an explanation.  Quite why a WoSL team are playing in a minor SoSL competition is a puzzle in itself.  South Cup sec, who lives not far from Castle Douglas where Threave play, is part of the SoSL Board & is sec for the SoSL minor cup competition too.  Interestingly there are NO SoSL fixtures scheduled for tomorrow & only 3 in WoSL. Not surprising given players etc under pressure with families etc so close to Xmas.  I would have thought South Cup took preference to a minor local cup never mind the SoSL/Wosl conflict.  Leith have been treated appallingly & have had little back up from the EoSL who weren't even in possession of all the fixture facts until yesterday &Thursday).  I think Threave have saw an opportunity to gain an advantage as soon as Leith queried the date & have enrolled a friendly face in the shape of the South Cup sec to insist on the game being played 23 Dec.  Whole thing stinks.  

47 minutes ago, Boris57 said:

That's only half the story.  Other 2 rescheduled games allocated to 20 Jan, a cup date in EoSL calendar.  Leith told to play 23 Dec - a free date in EoSL calendar.  Leith tie the furthest apart travel distance wise by a long way.  Rediculous to ask a team to travel 7 hour round trip 2 days before Xmas. Throw in the difficulty in accessing a bus for 23 Dec & the cost (a lot higher than was being asked for the bus when first attempt to play game was cancelled ON THE DAY).  Threave, a WoSL club, do NOT have a WoSL fixture on 20 Jan.  They are due to play Stranraer Reserves that day in a SoSL cup competition.  South Cup sec has been extremely uncommunicative in responding to Leith's requests for an explanation.  Quite why a WoSL team are playing in a minor SoSL competition is a puzzle in itself.  South Cup sec, who lives not far from Castle Douglas where Threave play, is part of the SoSL Board & is sec for the SoSL minor cup competition too.  Interestingly there are NO SoSL fixtures scheduled for tomorrow & only 3 in WoSL. Not surprising given players etc under pressure with families etc so close to Xmas.  I would have thought South Cup took preference to a minor local cup never mind the SoSL/Wosl conflict.  Leith have been treated appallingly & have had little back up from the EoSL who weren't even in possession of all the fixture facts until yesterday &Thursday).  I think Threave have saw an opportunity to gain an advantage as soon as Leith queried the date & have enrolled a friendly face in the shape of the South Cup sec to insist on the game being played 23 Dec.  Whole thing stinks.  

Nothing wrong with the other two games being played on 20th January, as there's no LL or EOS league fixtures scheduled yet so the cup games can get priority. WOS games being played tomorrow to help ease fixture congestion, but no need for Leith to travel when the 20th is an option.

I'm sure when I last looked on the WOS website that Threave had a game on the 20th, but now they (and Bellshill) are the only teams without a game that weekend. However if you look at Bellshill's Facebook page, 3 days ago they posted their fixture list which had them playing Threave at home on the 20th! So how did Threave get that changed with the WOS to allow a SCFA cup game to take precedence? 🤔

Edited by Ginaro

10 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Nothing wrong with the other two games being played on 20th January, as there's no LL or EOS league fixtures scheduled yet so the cup games can get priority. WOS games being played tomorrow to help ease fixture congestion, but no need for Leith to travel when the 20th is an option.

I'm sure when I last looked on the WOS website that Threave had a game on the 20th, but now they (and Bellshill) are the only teams without a game that weekend. However if you look at Bellshill's Facebook page, 3 days ago they posted their fixture list which had them playing Threave at home on the 20th! So how did Threave get that changed with the WOS to allow a SCFA cup game to take precedence? 🤔

One of the points made by Leith but no explanation given!  

Guest DannyBlue

Disappointing the dismal way Leith has been treated, I hope, even though it is too late now, that those in charge eventually show a bit of belated courage and explain themselves.

20 hours ago, DannyBlue said:

Disappointing the dismal way Leith has been treated, I hope, even though it is too late now, that those in charge eventually show a bit of belated courage and explain themselves.

Totally agree but pigs might fly before that happens sadly! 

• 4 weeks later...

Dunbar 0-1 Cumbernauld Colts
Kennoway P-P St Andrews

Took myself up New Countess where a fierce contest saw the visitors first half strike - a rampaging charge from midfield well finished - see them through.

Hosts had penalty shouts waved away, competed well, dominated last 30mins, and flashed header to force ET wide.

On 21/01/2024 at 16:27, Ginaro said:

That going to be played before 3rd February?

The game has now been switched to St Andrews and will be played next Tuesday evening(30th). The winners will then face Ashfield on the 3rd.

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

The game has now been switched to St Andrews and will be played next Tuesday evening(30th). The winners will then host Ashfield on the 3rd.

... while losers host Edinburgh South - in league (if Kennoway) or King Cup R2 (if St Andrews).

On 24/01/2024 at 22:01, HibeeJibee said:

... while losers host Edinburgh South - in league (if Kennoway) or King Cup R2 (if St Andrews).

Down to the final 2 fife teams left. Was good to see that St Andrews weren't bitter in their match report (not)

Tuesday 30th January
(R4) St Andrews 0-2 Kennoway

Saturday 3rd February
Cowdenbeath 0-6 East Kilbride
Johnstone Burgh 1-2 Threave Rovers
Kennoway Star Hearts P-P Ashfield
Kilwinning Rangers 3-2 Shotts Bon Accord
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 4-1 Pollok
Rutherglen Glencairn 0-0 Cumbernauld Colts (aet, 3-4p)
Tranent 4-1 Broxburn Athletic

Troon 3-0 Caledonian Braves

Tranent outclassed Broxburn on an initially blustery afternoon before several hundred at Foresters. They led 2-0 at break courtesy a stroked home effort and penalty... then added 2 more with a tap-in and header both from left wing crosses. Athletic got their consolation from a neat curving header.

Kennoway - whose tie v Ashfield was off, after burst pipes flooded the dressing rooms - are last EOSL side standing in what's turned-out a disappointing campaign.

• 2 weeks later...

QFs:
Ashfield/Kennoway v East Kilbride
Threave Rovers v Cumbernauld Colts
Tranent v Kilwinning Rangers
Troon v Kirkintilloch Rob Roy

SFs:
Threave/Cumbernauld Colts v Troon/Kirkintilloch
Tranent/Kilwinning v Ashfield/Kennoway/East Kilbride

d0303890-e3bd-4d8f-856f-85d3683e8cf9_tex