Hampden memories

43 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Ah yes, the 2000 final where Wallace assaulted Jim Leighton and got off scot-free with his thuggery, and where you “not-bigots-it’s-a-minority” wore orange as a “tribute to your Dutch contingent” yet spent 90 minutes spewing sectarian bile.

I was there, and stayed until the end. Was roundly verbally abused by your “minority” afterwards, obviously attacking us was a bigger high that seeing your team lift a trophy.

Glad you c***s went tits-up, wish you hadn’t returned as zombie-bigots.

Hopefully you seen a 10 year old AJF celebrating deliriously through your tears.

4 hours ago, AJF said:

Hopefully you seen a 10 year old AJF celebrating deliriously through your tears.

By the shattered hymen of Thor's bride, I could have sworn you were only just 10 these days.

11 hours ago, Raidernation said:

You seem to be very of* sympathetic.......

Big teamS found!

I didn’t mean bitter towards Rangers or Celtic for you I just meant bitter in general.

You seem as if you are not a happy person.

On 27/06/2023 at 20:33, Lurkst said:

Seeing as it's not the photographic thread I can post a video of my first visit to Hampden...

60,000 there for a friendly on a wet Wednesday in February, McLeodmania was in full swing.

Remember being gutted when Dalglish scored and the ref gave a penalty instead.

Also remember my first sight of the old stand as my dad's pal drove into the car park. 

"It's like a castle" I said.

"Ha ha, some ruined castles are in better condition." came the reply. 

That was my first visit too. 
Went with some lads that my older sister went to school with.

Missed Ian Wallace’s winner as they made me leave early. 😩

Heard the roar just as we walked out the gate. 

14 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I didn’t mean bitter towards Rangers or Celtic for you I just meant bitter in general.

You seem as if you are not a happy person.

You do not have any idea who I am, what I have been through, or what kind of person I am, so don't try to categorise me.

I'm actually very calm, level headed and happy these days (particularly because I'm not a Killie fan)

17 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Ah yes, the 2000 final where Wallace assaulted Jim Leighton and got off scot-free with his thuggery, 

Would need to see it again but pretty sure this is nonesense just an unfortunate clash and a shame for Leighton to end his career that way.

Louis Moult scoring twice in the League Cup semi is probably my all time favourite Hampden moment(s).

However, as much as Hampden gets a hard time for atmosphere, I have never in my life seen a stadium collectively lose it as much as I have when Griffiths' second free kick hit the back of the net against England. Carnage all round. If we'd hung on it would have been a full on pitch invasion I reckon.

Stuart f**cking Armstrong. 

31 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Louis Moult scoring twice in the League Cup semi is probably my all time favourite Hampden moment(s).

However, as much as Hampden gets a hard time for atmosphere, I have never in my life seen a stadium collectively lose it as much as I have when Griffiths' second free kick hit the back of the net against England. Carnage all round. If we'd hung on it would have been a full on pitch invasion I reckon.

Still to this day dislike Stuart Armstrong for that reason. 

Some great memories:

1st visit - Blantyre Vics v Penicuik, 1970

12th visit - the Tam Forsyth Cup Final, 1973. 122000 attendance 

13th visit - Scotland 2 Czechoslovakia 1, 1973. Scotland qualify for 1974 WC.

15th visit - Scotland 2 England 0, 1974. Jinky flicking the vickies at the press box.

20th visit - Scotland 2 England 1, 1976. Forsyth’s tackle on Channon after KD makes an arse of Clemence.

21st visit - Scotland 3 Czechoslovakia 1, 1977. Probably the best display from a Scottish team I’ve ever witnessed as we destroyed them with a high tempo display of (almost) controlled aggression in the qualifying stages for Argentina 78.

25th visit - Celtic 1 Rangers 3, 1979 and the Cooper wonder goal.

38th visit - Celtic 2 ICT 3, 2015. A bit of luck but ICT provide the highlight of the club’s history for yours truly. A sensational team goal right at the death. A team the likes of which we’ll probably never see again.

39th visit - the 2015 final. ICT 2 Falkirk 1.

50th visit - the 2023 final. Celtic 3 ICT 1.

51st visit - the Georgia game ☂️

This was my first visit. 9 years old and full of childlike optimism that was almost vindicated. 

My Dad still has the programme (not this one) and the match tickets in his house somewhere. 

Kilmarnock-V-Rangers-Scottish-Cup-Semi.webp

On 29/06/2023 at 14:40, well fan for life said:

Armstrong gave the ball away but Gordon stood on his line like a dumbbell while Kane volleyed home at waist height from about three yards out. Gordon was also responsible for the first goal; a shot straight at him which slipped through his hands.

Edited by VanBasten

2 hours ago, VanBasten said:

Armstrong gave the ball away but Gordon stood on his line like a dumbbell while Kane volleyed home at waist height from about three yards out. Gordon was also responsible for the first goal; a shot straight at him which slipped through his hands.

Agreed ..with all the rage directed at Armstrong most folk forget Gordon flogged both goals that day 

3 hours ago, VanBasten said:

The equaliser is so infuriating because there's 3 or 4 different glaring errors.

Armstrong should have booted that ball into Rutherglen instead of trying a through ball.

Nobody even goes near trying to stop the cross coming in.

The entire defence is sleeping and nobody is even remotely marking Kane.

Gordon's nailed to his goal line.

Still annoyed tbh.

4 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Armstrong should have booted that ball into Rutherglen instead of trying a through ball.

Disagree.   There was a ridiculously easy pass into acres of space on the left side, , for Ryan Fraser who would have had a clear run in on goal , or at worst an option to just take it towards the corner flag.  

2 hours ago, A96 said:

Disagree.   There was a ridiculously easy pass into acres of space on the left side, , for Ryan Fraser who would have had a clear run in on goal , or at worst an option to just take it towards the corner flag.  

100% this.  There was a break and space on the left, but Armstrong inexplicably didn't see it, then made an arse of the more difficult pass he did attempt. 

Then the cross hung in the air for an age, yet Kane was allowed to let it drop almost to the floor, before side footing it in from close range.