#Barclays 23/24

Cheese

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What is that utter shite Dean was saying about no booking for Joelinton because he didn't stop a promising attack? 

He hauled Szoboslai back by the shirt, from behind with absolutely no pretence of playing the ball. It's a yellow for that every day of the week. 

Sky commentary seems to be getting more agenda driven by the day. We had Nevile earlier in the half saying VAR should take as long as it wants because we must get these massive calls right....

f**k off. 

“I said to Anthony afterwards: ‘I just didn’t want to send you to the screen after what has gone on in the game’.

"I didn’t want to send him up because he is a mate as well as a referee and I think I didn’t want to send him up because I didn’t want any more grief than he already had.

Just now, jagfox said:

An entertaining first half. 

It was. Liverpool in danger of losing their heads for no real reason though. There seems to be a wee streak of petulance in that team waiting to bubble up. Not going anywhere with that absolute doughnut Nunez up front though. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It was. Liverpool in danger of losing their heads for no real reason though. There seems to be a wee streak of petulance in that team waiting to bubble up. Not going anywhere with that absolute doughnut Nunez up front though. 

Salah seemed in a rush with his pelanty. Maybe his plane leaves right after the match? 

He's missed 4 out of his last 10, apparently.

I need Joelinton to be booked for my bet-builder, so totally agree with your opinion on Dean. 

Just now, jagfox said:

Salah seemed in a rush with his pelanty. Maybe his plane leaves right after the match? 

He's missed 4 out of his last 10, apparently.

I need Joelinton to be booked for my bet-builder, so totally agree with your opinion on Dean. 

He absolutely should have been booked for that pullback. I have absolutely no clue what Dean was rabbiting on about. 

Liverpools crowd seem a bit tetchy aswell. Really wouldn't be a huge surprise to see them bottle this the way the tension appears to be getting to all involved. 

54 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

Newcastle, like Man Utd recently, win toss and make Liverpool hit the other way to their preferred ends. When was the last time anyone did this at Celtic Park or Ibrox? It almost never happens. It's almost like it's an unwritten rule.  To answer my own question, I believe it was Motherwell in 21/22. 

The flipside is that it's tradition for Liverpool fans to clap the opposition goalkeeper, as he takes up position in that Kop End goal.  This can sometimes result in them having a worldie and, like tonight, making a potentially crucial penalty save.  I still like the tradition, though.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What is that utter shite Dean was saying about no booking for Joelinton because he didn't stop a promising attack? 

He hauled Szoboslai back by the shirt, from behind with absolutely no pretence of playing the ball. It's a yellow for that every day of the week. 

Sky commentary seems to be getting more agenda driven by the day. We had Nevile earlier in the half saying VAR should take as long as it wants because we must get these massive calls right....

f**k off. 

Updated guidance for this season.

Advantage

If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution/sending-off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution/sending-off must be issued when the ball is next out of play. However, if the offence was denying the opposing team an obvious goal-scoring opportunity the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour; if the offence was interfering with or stopping a promising attack, the player is not cautioned

https://www.theifab.com/laws/latest/fouls-and-misconduct/#disciplinary-action

So unsuccessfully trying what was once called a professional foul to stop an attack is no longer a booking.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He absolutely should have been booked for that pullback. I have absolutely no clue what Dean was rabbiting on about. 

The booking would have been for stopping a promising attack. But because advantage was played, the referee was correct not to show the yellow.

The same rule also “downgrades” the punishment for denying an obviously goal-scoring opportunity to a yellow if advantage is subsequently played. 

Just now, The Master said:

The booking would have been for stopping a promising attack. But because advantage was played, the referee was correct not to show the yellow.

The same rule also “downgrades” the punishment for denying an obviously goal-scoring opportunity to a yellow if advantage is subsequently played. 

But the attack was significantly less promising having played the advantage. So a clearly cautionable offence because not cuationable simply because the ref himself decides to play advantage.... That's an utterly terrible rule.change

Just now, Bairnardo said:

But the attack was significantly less promising having played the advantage. So a clearly cautionable offence because not cuationable simply because the ref himself decides to play advantage.... That's an utterly terrible rule.change

The clue to playing advantage is in the name. If applied properly, the attack shouldn’t become less promising. 

It’s the first three words of that second sentence that’s the issue, not the rule in itself. 

1 minute ago, The Master said:

The clue to playing advantage is in the name. If applied properly, the attack shouldn’t become less promising. 

It’s the first three words of that second sentence that’s the issue, not the rule in itself. 

I thought it was a poor advantage in that instance anyway so it's a good example of how stupid the rule is. The offence is the offence and should be punished accordingly. No way should you get away with blatantly pulling a player back by the shirt