#Barclays 23/24

I'm loath to praise VAR, but if it has to exist, at least the Premier League seem to have reached a point where they are clearing stuff like that challenge from Keane quite quickly. It was borderline, could have gone either way, so just accept the referee's on-field decision and minimise the delay.

I genuinely think they might have needed about five minutes to review it in Scotland and would have then sent the referee to the monitor. 

Just now, DrewDon said:

I'm loath to praise VAR, but if it has to exist, at least the Premier League seem to have reached a point where they are clearing stuff like that challenge from Keane quite quickly. It was borderline, could have gone either way, so just accept the referee's on-field decision and minimise the delay.

Still got the penalty wrong, though. It was a dive from 24ct Cold Calmer and Madueke stood on the ball.

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Being petulant over whether or not the ball is on the spot when you're 4-0 down, then going the wrong way anyway.

Not just going the wrong way, but basically falling over and making zero attempt. 

Reminded me of a lot of when Scott Bain faced penalties in a Dundee shirt. 

1 minute ago, The Master said:

Not just going the wrong way, but basically falling over and making zero attempt. 

Reminded me of a lot of when Scott Bain faced penalties in a Dundee shirt. 

If ever there was a time to take a risk on showboating with a Panenka Penalty then 4-0 up with your hat trick already secure was the time to do it.

Or at least that's might be what Pickford was thinking

Chelsea are my english team so buzzing with this result. Cole palmer doing what cole palmer does best: goals and assists

It's my time': Cole Palmer's belief shines through before England debut |  England | The Guardian

it's his time to shine

Edited by 2426255

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I'm a Villa man (been to two games this season), but all proper football men surely respect Chelsea. They aren't really a club you can dislike. 

Hmm. Living in London in the 80s I went to Stamford Bridge a couple of times. Was stood in the Shed wen they beat Kevin Keegan's Newcastle 4-0, which was funny. However, I also stood in the Shed to watch them play Rangers in a friendly, and they were a bit too friendly, if you catch my drift. Pringle-wearing currants.

11 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I'm a Villa man (been to two games this season), but all proper football men surely respect Chelsea. They aren't really a club you can dislike. 

Did they let you return your season ticket for Newcastle?

16 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

John Terry & Ashley Cole.

Next case m’lud.

53 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Still got the penalty wrong, though. It was a dive from 24ct Cold Calmer and Madueke stood on the ball.

First one's a penalty all day. I assume this is some sort of trolling?

More importantly though, who on earth gave Dele Alli a gig as a studio expert? He looks barely awake, his answers are monosyllabic and he's genuinely clueless. "I dont know who the [Chelsea] designated penalty taker is....". Why don't you know? I know. Every football supporter in tbe country knows? You're on there for your expertise.

He also didnt know if Arsenal were home or away yesterday. He seems completely unaware of what's going on in the league which is pretty fundamental to his role.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

3 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Aware he’s had his personal troubles, but Dele has the personality of a plank. Can’t see a future in punditry for the lad unfortunately.

Yeah I thought he'd maybe be one of these guys who would be surprisingly eloquent. I was wrong.