#Barclays 23/24

1 hour ago, The Master said:

At this rate the only thing alive on the final day will be the race for 7th, which may or may not have a European place.

12 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Even though there's an element of truth in what they're saying, it's such blatant propaganda that I'm not convinced the EPL haven't paid the telegraph to write that article. The world is "transfixed" by the EPL title race is it? Seems fairly obvious to most who's going to win that race. 

The world is transfixed by the race for 7th.

2 hours ago, The Master said:

That’s Burnley now down, and Luton all but down, so all three promoted clubs being promptly dispatched back to the Championship. 

The only thing that has kept it going until this weekend is Forest and Everton being deducted points. Luton looked like they were the only one of the three that would put up a bit of a fight. Especially after Burnley not willing to change their way of playing and Sheffield United deciding early on they wanted to become record breakers for all time goals conceded.

16 hours ago, The Master said:

That’s Burnley now down, and Luton all but down, so all three promoted clubs being promptly dispatched back to the Championship. 

Burnley might have had more of a chance but for Kompany's complete refusal to change their style of play which I suppose in some sense is to be admired. Will probably coast the Championship next season only to get relegated again the season after. 

Sheffield United were clearly happy to take the £££ and go straight back down. I'd put them down as the worst team ever to grace the Barclays. 

For the first few months Luton just looked happy to be there and almost seemed surprised that they had been promoted in the first place. They've shown a bit of fight and had some okay results but are, ultimately, dug shite. 

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

Burnley might have had more of a chance but for Kompany's complete refusal to change their style of play which I suppose in some sense is to be admired. Will probably coast the Championship next season only to get relegated again the season after. 

Sheffield United were clearly happy to take the £££ and go straight back down. I'd put them down as the worst team ever to grace the Barclays. 

For the first few months Luton just looked happy to be there and almost seemed surprised that they had been promoted in the first place. They've shown a bit of fight and had some okay results but are, ultimately, dug shite. 

Sheffield United worse than Derby when they got 11 points. 

Close one to call. Sunderland also had a bad season I recall. 

Luton scored 50 goals in 37 games which is the same as Wolves and 2 less than Man United 

But they conceded 81 which means they might, if Fulham are in the mood, even match Norwich’s record of 84 from 2022 which was the highest in the last 10 years until The Blades obliterated that record in grand style 

We feel sorry for Luton because they’re basically the team that keeps getting beat by the odd goal in several 

1 hour ago, Big Bobo said:

Close one to call. Sunderland also had a bad season I recall. 

Might be a bit of recency bias on my part but Sheffield United only have points more than that Derby side while conceding 12 more goals (and counting). 

Derby were undoubtedly shite but I don't remember them getting pumped quite as much as Sheffield United. 

Usually a team like Luton will provide a memorable game or two even if they do eventually get relegated, but I'm struggling to think of any moments they've had all season. Maybe the draw against Liverpool?

51 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Might be a bit of recency bias on my part but Sheffield United only have points more than that Derby side while conceding 12 more goals (and counting). 

Derby were undoubtedly shite but I don't remember them getting pumped quite as much as Sheffield United. 

I still get nightmares od Malcolm Christie in the Premier League. Fụck me, man. He was absolutely terrible.

2 hours ago, Big Bobo said:

I saw that Derby team in the flesh, as they were pumped 6-0 at Anfield. 

They were utterly dreadful. 

All I can remember about that Derby side was Stubbs wearing 8 as a centre-back (seething) and Kenny Miller running about with no end product, much like his 50 odd years leading the line for Scotland. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Usually a team like Luton will provide a memorable game or two even if they do eventually get relegated, but I'm struggling to think of any moments they've had all season. Maybe the draw against Liverpool?

4-3 defeat at Bournemouth after being 3-0 up.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Going 3-0 up against Bournemouth in a first half and still losing. That was when I knew their goose was officially cooked.

28 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

All I can remember about that Derby side was Stubbs wearing 8 as a centre-back (seething) and Kenny Miller running about with no end product, much like his 50 odd years leading the line for Scotland. 

I'm sure Bob Malcolm also made a couple of appearances for them before signing for us halfway through the season. 

In fact, the more I think about it they really were embarrassingly bad.