#Barclays 23/24

Cheese

Be funny as if Dortmund win the Bundesliga next season. Apparently they have matched the 400k a week wages as well. They must be expecting big things that they are splashing the cash like this. It will be interesting to see how they get on, especially this weekend against Brentford. I haven’t seen any of the teams in pre season, but he always linked well with Son. I presume whoever comes in, will have to have the same on-field partnership with him to make them tick. 

35 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Liverpool's British record bid of £111 mil for Caicedo accepted.

20230811_083259.thumb.jpg.9e9e59a0227a8ec516e7737c5ec8ed9c.jpg

£111m now is equivalent to £85m in 2016, so presumably Klopp’s views take inflation into account. 

3 hours ago, Raidernation said:

On a different tack......Pep complaining about the new "added time" rules and having to play 100 minutes. I guess that any time Citeh are in a cup game that goes to extra time he'll just concede because his players are so fragile?

No?

Two faced baldy twat

The thing that gets me is that it isn't that hard to avoid. Don't act a **** and you'll all be in the dressing room for 4.55pm like you used to be. Not like they've increased the regulation time or anything, they're just finally being called out for what they've theoretically always been obliged to do!

45 minutes ago, Michael W said:

£110m for a fucking Brighton player. :lol:

Say what you want about the #Barclays (I personally consider it an honour to share the same landmass as it), but seriously Brighton have played a blinder this past few years. Can't be many clubs anywhere that don't envy them from an ops/admin angle.

As good as Caicedo is, I didn't expect him to become the most expensive Premier League player. I've not watched Liverpool's pre-season games, but it'll be interesting to see if these new signings are with a view to fitting into Klopp's new shape from the end of last season or if that shape was just to compensate for the fact he didn't have midfielders as good as these ones. I think pretty much all of the "Big Six" have the potential to do some interesting things at the start of the season. 

3 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Lots of cope in the studio as Harry Kane didn't give a much of a shite about the record as they told us he did?

From about November onwards he'll be consistently linked with a return to a top 6 club to break the record.

1 hour ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

The Greatest Show on Earth ™️ kicks off tonight.

Predictions ?

4-0 city. Routine pumping. A lttle By the by, that advert can get in the sea. Most cringeworthy advert i have ever seen. A very poor take on the cantona/nike/devil advert.

20 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Chelsea, after spending all summer refusing to go near £100 million for Caicedo, now reportedly attempting to beat Liverpool’s £110 million offer.

Todd Boehly never disappoints.

Seems like Caicedo wants Chelsea and doesn't want to go to Liverpool. 

Breaking the British transfer record, only to find the player doesn't actually want to play for you. What a minter. 

18 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Got to feel a bit sorry for Ange. 2 days to the first game of the season and he doesn't know if his starting 11 will have the best striker in world football (apart from the robot!) or fucking Richarlison!

Peter Crouch isn't that great imo.