#Barclays 23/24

Cheese

31 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Pretty disrespectful to not have had a minutes silence tonight. 

I’ve heard they are wearing black armbands on Sunday and will have a top with “Klopp 1” on the back to use in the celebration for the first goal.

I always found something unsettling about the perma-grinning Klopp. A man who looked like he could feign great enthusiasm about absolutely anything. Inspired a generation of footballing hipsters. Did seem to fit in well at the weird cult which is Liverpool FC.

1 hour ago, milhouse said:

I always found something unsettling about the perma-grinning Klopp. A man who looked like he could feign great enthusiasm about absolutely anything. Inspired a generation of footballing hipsters. Did seem to fit in well at the weird cult which is Liverpool FC.

When a club attracted  disparaging remarks about weird cults and footballing hipsters from Partick Fans then you know they’ve definitely taken things a little too far

7 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

When a club attracted  disparaging remarks about weird cults and footballing hipsters from Partick Fans then you know they’ve definitely taken things a little too far

The blue "People" South of the River Clyde or those in green and white hoops in the East End if you're looking for weird cults m8.

Marcus Rashford dropped from the first team after a two day bender in shady Belfast pubs before taking a private jet home and calling in sick for training.

Charmingly eccentric. Absolutely wild he thought he'd get away with it given people kept taking his picture.

Think it's his third disciplinary this season, the Man Utd fans have turned on him big time (probably not helped by the fact he's been absolutely dreadful on the pitch since signing his new contract).

With his colossal wages can't see anyone taking him on and will be a Dele Alli like descent.

As for Kyle Walker, is he the thickest football since Leigh Griffitha retired? You can oddly respect complete degenerates somehow managing to perform at the highest levels alongside guys who are mostly good pros.

He went for a drink and was (most likely) hungover. Dele Alli has openly admitted he was mentally in a very bad place and was addicted to script drugs. I'm what way are they comparable?

As for Walker's situation. Why wouldn't an unbelievably talented footballer be able to perform because he's got another woman pregnant?

I've no idea if it's because they're English - I have noticed you do seem to have an unhealthy need to talk them down - or whether you just hold footballers to a scarily higher standard than most. They're just people doing a job. Would you 'oddly respect' a sparky if he got another woman pregnant outside of marriage yet "somehow" managed to still amicably perform his role he's trained for years to do?

Weird.

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

He went for a drink and was (most likely) hungover. Dele Alli has openly admitted he was mentally in a very bad place and was addicted to script drugs. I'm what way are they comparable?

As for Walker's situation. Why wouldn't an unbelievably talented footballer be able to perform because he's got another woman pregnant?

I've no idea if it's because they're English - I have noticed you do seem to have an unhealthy need to talk them down - or whether you just hold footballers to a scarily higher standard than most. They're just people doing a job. Would you 'oddly respect' a sparky if he got another woman pregnant outside of marriage yet "somehow" managed to still amicably perform his role he's trained for years to do?

Weird.

Tbf, leaving the Rashford/Dele stuff to one side.... Re Walker, the stress of that stuff going on, it is quite impressive to perform to such a high level. Distraction can be a killer for someone expected to be at such levels. Look at the improvement in WBG after it came to light that he had just came out the other side of that mad stalker shit....

I didn't compare the backgrounds of Rashford or Alli, just that I predict the former will be going to a rapid career descent reminiscent of the latter.

As for Walker, getting another woman pregnant is neither particularly impressive nor interesting. Its the latest in a long line of incidents including public flashing in a crowded pub, and having an orgy with sex workers during COVID. Fair play for surviving a relationship whilst doing all that, never mind two.

So the guys just a degenerate, he has poor impulse control and does crazy / stupid things that any member of society would be rightly hounded for. And this is just the stuff he's been caught doing. Maybe all of that normal behaviour to you, idk what circles you move in.

There are loads of degenerates around, most of them don't perform in their career to the highest level. Many of his fellow pros at that levels will be teetotal Nigels, especially given he's not that technically talented and his game is based a lot around his physical conditioning. So he's a high functioning degenerate.

Mendy managed it too for a bit despite getting drunk all time, drink driving and having lots of unprotected sex. Even notwithstanding his acquittal the stuff he admitted to obviously harmed his career.

Absolutely nothing to do with nationality, bad behaviour from any top level footballer should be called out. This is a football forum after all.

5 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Weird.

It’s Supras, anything English is bad

1 hour ago, SH Panda said:

So the guys just a degenerate, he has poor impulse control and does crazy / stupid things that any member of society would be rightly hounded for. And this is just the stuff he's been caught doing. Maybe all of that normal behaviour to you, idk what circles you move in.

There are loads of degenerates around, most of them don't perform in their career to the highest level. Many of his fellow pros at that levels will be teetotal Nigels, especially given he's not that technically talented and his game is based a lot around his physical conditioning. So he's a high functioning degenerate.

Wild

3 hours ago, SH Panda said:

I didn't compare the backgrounds of Rashford or Alli, just that I predict the former will be going to a rapid career descent reminiscent of the latter.

As for Walker, getting another woman pregnant is neither particularly impressive nor interesting. Its the latest in a long line of incidents including public flashing in a crowded pub, and having an orgy with sex workers during COVID. Fair play for surviving a relationship whilst doing all that, never mind two.

Mendy managed it too for a bit despite getting drunk all time, drink driving and having lots of unprotected sex. Even notwithstanding his acquittal the stuff he admitted to obviously harmed his career.

Absolutely nothing to do with nationality, bad behaviour from any top level footballer should be called out. This is a football forum after all.

Not entirelt sure what we expect from young guys who earn £300k a week and have women throwing themselves at their feet constantly. Must be hard to remain faithful albeit it’s pretty daft to think you don’t get caught, especially in this day and age. To be fair Kyle walker, at least he continues to perform to a high level whereas rashford seems unable to do both. Also a severe lack of shagging in the rashford story which seems strange. 

52 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Not entirelt sure what we expect from young guys who earn £300k a week and have women throwing themselves at their feet constantly. Must be hard to remain faithful albeit it’s pretty daft to think you don’t get caught, especially in this day and age. To be fair Kyle walker, at least he continues to perform to a high level whereas rashford seems unable to do both. Also a severe lack of shagging in the rashford story which seems strange. 

Think it's interesting, in a way, that he has apparently fathered two children with his "mistress" while being with his wife. So it's more like he's a bigamist, while presumably also having the occasional bit on the side of both. Not sure how he has the time tbh