#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

8 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

France to beat England?..Yes, as they are simply as better side.

The likes of Spain, Portugal and Germany as hosts all more than capable of beating England as well.

I thought England were going to beat France for most of the game at World Cup 22 if I’m honest. Don’t think there’s much in it.

Id fancy England against anyone else - do you think England have anything to fear from Spain after their performances against Scotland? The gulf between England and Scotland was fairly obvious from the Hampden friendly a while back and I’d fancy our chances if we were up against Spain again.

Going into the tournament I’m fairly indifferent about England winning it, I might change my mind when they have shit fested their way to the knockout stages and have another very favourable draw.

I fancied England not to make it out their group at the last World Cup given that they were playing an Iranian side much more used to the climate in the Middle East, a Battle of Britain and a USA team they tend to struggle with. In the end none of those three teams were any good and they cruised through.

This time though they should walk through the group. A very favourable draw against a past their best Danish side, Slovenia who are a young team with a big future, and the Serbian thugs. I’d be very surprised if they get less than 7 points. They’ll bottle it in the quarters. 

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The fun isn't over for those who support the #Barclays.

Newcastle will play Spurs in a cash grab friendly on Wednesday.

Exactly why i have f**k all sympathy for their “oh, we travel too much and play too many games” rhetoric when they are wanting the fa cup/league cup scrapped. 

5 hours ago, throbber said:

I wouldn’t have said absolutely meaningless - do you fancy anyone apart from France to beat England? Do you fancy France to beat England?

As with most tournaments. I fancy the most likely team to defeat England is England. 

Got boring as f**k with the incredibly tedious England debate. As there is some actual news about the Premier League, and as it's too soon to open next season's thread as we don't know who has won the playoffs yet, made sense to unlock it again.

25 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Got boring as f**k with the incredibly tedious England debate. As there is some actual news about the Premier League, and as it's too soon to open next season's thread as we don't know who has won the playoffs yet, made sense to unlock it again.

There’s a common denominator in most of the tedious arguments that go on in this part of the forum.

Anyhoo, the higher ups at Chelsea are insane.

It has been a while since Boehly made it all about him, so I for one am glad to see it. Even if Poch doesn't seem like a bad guy. 

Chelsea, tbqh, is no place for decent people. 

Surely by this point any manager who's actually highly regarded isn't even going to countenance this farce? They're only going to get failures on the rebound (just imagine Ten Hag getting it) or old people who want their pension topped up by having a year's holiday (get Big Sam imo). Can't say they don't deserve it.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Threads getting locked for being boring?

Are you taking nominations?

Chelsea’s transfer strategy of spending several years of budget on a bunch of highly promising youngsters and amortising that cost over the following seasons and hoping they come good only makes some kind of sense if they’re  at least looking at the medium term.  Which makes this look particularly silly