#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

Just someone who earns four hundred thousand pounds per week talking up the idea of moving to a footballing and social backwater for the money. What a world.

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Just someone who earns four hundred thousand pounds per week talking up the idea of moving to a footballing and social backwater for the money. What a world.

2 hours ago, ford prefect said:

Human greed knows no limits. 

Neither of you would think about that kind of offer, would you?

31 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Neither of you would think about that kind of offer, would you?

Shitebag argument. You sound like one of the “yet you participate in society, curious!” people.

He makes 21 million smackeroonis a year. That’s before sponsorship and whatever else the UAE are throwing at him. Surely it gets to the point where it barely makes a difference?

1 hour ago, ford prefect said:

Comparing me a working class person on an average wage to someone already a multi millionaire isn't really the same eh?

36 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Shitebag argument. You sound like one of the “yet you participate in society, curious!” people.

He makes 21 million smackeroonis a year. That’s before sponsorship and whatever else the UAE are throwing at him. Surely it gets to the point where it barely makes a difference?

I'm not sure either of you could participate in society with that level of understanding. He has made a lot of money over the past 15 years. He has been offered more over the next 2 years than he earned in the previous 15. He's not Ghandi or Greta Thunberg, he's a footballer. We all know they get paid more than their worth, but why would be not consider it?

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm not sure either of you could participate in society with that level of understanding. He has made a lot of money over the past 15 years. He has been offered more over the next 2 years than he earned in the previous 15. He's not Ghandi or Greta Thunberg, he's a footballer. We all know they get paid more than their worth, but why would be not consider it?

Because it involves stepping down to a shite league and moving to a dessert. With how wealthy he already is extra money will make almost 0 difference to his or his family’s life.

I’m not surprised in the slightest that he would consider it. There’s enough evidence from footballers that the majority of them would. I still find it quite sad. Hope that’s alright with you.

Edited by eez-eh

1 hour ago, ford prefect said:

Comparing me a working class person on an average wage to someone already a multi millionaire isn't really the same eh?

Exactly. 

Even if you knock two zeros off whatever the UAE/Saudis will offer De Bruyne, you're looking at life changing money for the vast majority of the population. That would be the mortgage paid off, which takes a lot of pressure off. 

Compare that with an already very rich man who's set up for life as it is and has millions in the bank? It's no comparison at all. He can buy ten houses right now if he wanted to. 

He is of course entitled to take it if he wants and, yes, he can be criticised for it. "You'd take it as well, hypocrite!' is not some sort of gotcha response here. It's not an equal comparison.  

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is he getting pudding as well?

If he is then that changes my outlook completely. Can never have enough sweet treats.

5 hours ago, ford prefect said:

His current net worth means he and his children will be wealthy all their lives.

Moving to the Saudi League would probably mean his grandchildren would be wealthy all their lives too.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ford prefect said:

De Bruyne came from a Belgian African colonial family (he was eligible to play for Burundi). I'm guessing concerns about exploiting others weren't discussed much around the dinner table growing up.

Edited by Lurkst