#Barclays 24/25

Wee-Bey

37 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I think Pep taking England would be a total disaster. I was all for it.

Ah right, fair enough. I think England have enough players, certainly in the starting 11, for it to have worked, but it definitely would've been a (fun) risk. 

7 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

IMG-20241016-WA0001.jpg

You just know that all this pish will be forgotten if England do well at the next World Cup.

I'm getting flashbacks to Euro 2020 here when all the tories and gammons were whining about England taking the knee, before  furiously backpeddling when it looked like they might win.

8 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Tuchel's record in tournament football along with his tactical adaptability suggests that he'll be a good appointment, but keeping a happy camp is a big part of international football and he comes across as quite a combustible character. 

I was worried that it would be Pep, however it seems like they've managed to get the next best thing. 

Worth mentioning he might never manage England in a tournament.

It's only an 18 month deal to cover one tournament and with the type of manager he is i think he'll be desperate to return to club management within 12 months.

If he gets a decent offer at club level next Summer he'll be away IMO.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manutd-ferguson-ratcliffe-sacked-33900676

Great move by Jim Ratcliffe (£29.7 bn net worth) by sacking Sir Alex Ferguson, the man who took Manchester United from a million pound mid table club to a global titan that's worth billions, who dominated the EPL, conquered Europe multiple times, and ban him from the dressing room.

Yes. Sack Sir Alex Ferguson to save a measles £2m a year. When there's players in that club (Antony) who earn £10+m per year without actually contributing anything.

Kudos Jim Ratcliffe (£29.7 bn net worth) for saving £2m per year.

What next? Tell the players to bring their own food to the canteen? Get the fans to volenteer to mow the pitch?

And I thought the Glazers were bad.

8 hours ago, Chripper said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manutd-ferguson-ratcliffe-sacked-33900676

Great move by Jim Ratcliffe (£29.7 bn net worth) by sacking Sir Alex Ferguson, the man who took Manchester United from a million pound mid table club to a global titan that's worth billions, who dominated the EPL, conquered Europe multiple times, and ban him from the dressing room.

Yes. Sack Sir Alex Ferguson to save a measles £2m a year. When there's players in that club (Antony) who earn £10+m per year without actually contributing anything.

Kudos Jim Ratcliffe (£29.7 bn net worth) for saving £2m per year.

What next? Tell the players to bring their own food to the canteen? Get the fans to volenteer to mow the pitch?

And I thought the Glazers were bad.

Paying Ferguson, indeed paying anyone, £2m quid a year to be a football club 'ambassador' is an obscene waste of money. What did he do ? Hand out the Ferrero Roche and look regal ? 

6 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Paying Ferguson, indeed paying anyone, £2m quid a year to be a football club 'ambassador' is an obscene waste of money. What did he do ? Hand out the Ferrero Roche and look regal ? 

In the World of football £2m is pocket change. Antony earns £800k per month for sitting on the bench.

Sir Alex Ferguson is a global sporting icon.

You think Harvard University just takes any shmo off the street to give a lecture?

I don't care what he did. For what he did for Manchester United he deserves a lifetime job at that club.

Even if he were handing out the Ferrero Roche and look regal, it's still more than the likes of Mata, Di Maria, Lingard, sancho, Antony have done, and they've taken out hundreds of million. As has the Glazers.

The £29.7bn net worth Jim Ratcliffe has also sacked 250 low paid employees.

Wonder how many tears he'll shed whilst he's on his private jet and his superyacht.

Strange that Mr Ratcliffe doesn't hold any issue with the Glazer lining their own pockets with hundreds of million from dividends at United.

Edited by Chripper

4 hours ago, Chripper said:

In the World of football £2m is pocket change. Antony earns £800k per month for sitting on the bench.

Sir Alex Ferguson is a global sporting icon.

You think Harvard University just takes any shmo off the street to give a lecture?

I don't care what he did. For what he did for Manchester United he deserves a lifetime job at that club.

Even if he were handing out the Ferrero Roche and look regal, it's still more than the likes of Mata, Di Maria, Lingard, sancho, Antony have done, and they've taken out hundreds of million. As has the Glazers.

The £29.7bn net worth Jim Ratcliffe has also sacked 250 low paid employees.

Wonder how many tears he'll shed whilst he's on his private jet and his superyacht.

Strange that Mr Ratcliffe doesn't hold any issue with the Glazer lining their own pockets with hundreds of million from dividends at United.

Where did you learn this?