#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

On 12/10/2023 at 01:58, SH Panda said:

Hazard was a great player but he never had the mentality to get to the very top.

He was far more suited to being at a lower pressure environment like Chelsea.

Take him to the hothouse pressure of Madrid and he totally wilted, as Bale eventually did too.

Only the strongest mentally can survive and thrive there.

Shades of Antonio Cassano about his time at Madrid.

I'd imagine he's fairly content with how he did.

On 13/10/2023 at 17:07, Molotov said:

I’d love all these foreign owners of English clubs to fcuk off to Saudi or wherever the owners live. 😂 

In Scotland get Dermot Desmond to take Celtic “home” to Ireland. 
And The Rangers can go back in the sewers with the rats. 

Hibs would end up in Peru and Dundee in Texas

On 16/10/2023 at 10:50, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I really like Gary Neville's list of non-negotiables with regards to a takeover. You tell them Gary.

No views are my own on X: "Nearly that time of year for Man United fans to  get the Norwich scarves out! https://t.co/wwrGTPS132" / X

Can you post them? I'd like a good laugh at him thinking any of his mewlings are relevant to a multi billion pound asset deal. 

On 16/10/2023 at 01:34, SH Panda said:

No doubt, which is why he pretty much chucked it in his early 30s.

The elite mentality is to never be content, Ronaldo is clearly a massive b*****d but he has the perfect mentality to maximise his abilities as a player (not as a team mate).

I don't doubt Hazard is a far more normal balanced person, but it held him back in his career.

He should have stayed pampered at Chelsea.

You can improve your chances of being lucky but all the conditioning in the world but there's also a certain amount of luck as to how your body holds up, aside from "proper" injuries there's just the regular wear and tear which take longer to recover from as you get older 

Of course now that Cristiano Ronaldo is starring in a circus league he could deal with that by taking Performance Enhancing Drugs to fight the effects of aging

9 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Certainly...

He's a moonhowler who is pissed off because the Glazer's want nothing to do with his hotel.

The news last night of the Qatari withdrawal leaves Manchester United on the brink of a minority investment. Can this really work and what impact will it have on a struggling organisation? It’s worth setting out my non-negotiables on a takeover of Manchester United that I made over a year ago. 

1. A new sporting project 

2. A new or redeveloped Old Trafford 

3. A New training ground 

4. Full redevelopment of the surrounding land to create a Manchester United World and amazing fan experience 

5. Pay off the debt and stop taking dividends

until the above is done I’m adding a 6th due to events in the last 2-3 years.

6. The club requires leadership that is statesmanlike on major issues that enables a fairer, more inclusive and diverse game. Leadership that builds a positive environment and culture whilst adhering to the clubs values and principles and one that is willing to make tough decisions to prevent an erosion in the clubs public image. How does a minority stakeholder positively impact the club to achieve the above?

Can a minority shareholder have any impact on the above. It leaves more questions than answers. My preference is and always will be now for a Glazer family full exit. They have overstayed their welcome in Manchester yet seem oblivious to this fact. There is much up in the air but I threw down the following questions I’m sure fans would like answering? There will be lots more but here’s a starter for 16..

1. What does the distribution of funds look like? Is all the cash being taken out of the club?

2. Which Glazers are going or is it a family dilution?

3. How does it impact the NYSE shareholders?

4. Does the executive stay the same?

5. Does the sporting side stay the same above the manager?

6. Who within the board has sporting control?

7. Are there future dilution clauses with the Glazer family in any deal you do as a minority shareholder? When are they?

8. We’re maxed out on the credit card and debt. How is this deal going to change the capital structure and financial issues the club has?

9. Is any further debt being placed on the club?

10. Is any debt being paid off?

11. How does this deal impact the board composition?

12. How does a minority shareholder impact the negative culture within the entire organisation?

13. Old Trafford is tired and is in need of significant redevelopment. How does this deal resolve this issue?

14. Will this deal allow the development of the training ground to its required standard?

15. Old Trafford requires significant investment on its surrounding land. Does this deal impact this requirement positively or does it leave it as a concrete wasteland? 16. How does a minority shareholder stop cultural decline across a whole organisation if the people who have overseen this decline still have a majority shareholding?

Neville is right that a minority investment is clearly the wrong path and is just more Glazers bullshit and siphoning money out the club.

The minority investment is money going into the Glazers pocket for no control over the club as a whole. Which means the people giving the money are not doing it to have a play thing but purely as a capitalist endeavour to extract as much return on their investment as possible.  As long as the Glazers remain there is no real possibility of Man Utd turning it around and getting back to seriously competing for the title and champions league.

Th whole ethos of Man Utd right now is paying off intesting and paing out dividends.