#Barclays 24/25

Wee-Bey

20 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I'm not sure it will

He's forced PSG's hand in a dead market, after scooping a €40m loyalty bonus a week back.

He's played an absolute blinder and everybody knows the end game is a free transfer to Real Madrid with another massive sign on and huge wages. Fair play to the guy.

It would work out well for all parties

PSG - get their money
Mbappe - gets even more money
Real Madrid - still get their player nect summer for free

However the utter meltdowns from yer "Carra and Nev"s of this world about the best player in the world spending a year playing in a footballing backwater would be superb. 

I think the Satoshi guy initially had a fair point with regards to human right abuses not being as actively frowned upon in non-Middle Eastern places, and players not being criticised for playing in those places. But to pair that up with an angle about the Saudis being 2 cheeks off the same arse as the big, bad West is just bizarre, trolling behaviour. 

13 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

However the utter meltdowns from yer "Carra and Nev"s of this world about the best player in the world spending a year playing in a footballing backwater would be superb. 

I think the possibility of SKY imploding over the next few few months is going to be great.

As soon as they start questioning the Saudi situation and how it isn't good for the game, (their speak for not good for SKY commercially), they will leave themselves open when it comes to lavishing praise on to Pep and how fantastic he is, and having daily reports from Keith Downie live from outside St James Park on Newcastle's next big signing and how great both these teams are.

Bring it fucking on, let's go down swinging. The gravy train is just about to leave town for them.

Yeah I must admit that as a fan of a Diddy side in a Diddy football nation, I find all of this really pleasing, and post Super Leagie debacle, iv been actively excited for how the "elite" level of football is going to eat itself. 

It's beautiful that Man Utd have apparently spent £25m and agreed personal terms for Amrabat then Locatelli becomes available for £25m almost immediately.  

I remember the days I feared great players going to Man Utd almost monthly then every window. Now they're paying big money for decent enough players who inevitably will not push them on.

It's beautiful. Simply fucking beautiful. 

Edited by Derry Alli

Saw that spurs have accepted a bid from Spartak Moscow for Sanchez; seems odd. Could they theoretically not have done some weird deal where they release him from his contract but retain his registration with a set compensation figure? Then if he agrees to join Spartak the club dont have the awkwardness of directly dealing with a Russian club?

Adriano (the 99 shot power one) had something like that happen when he got released im sure, dunno if its still a thing.

Might not want the option of another premier league team snaffling him up or something.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

On 26/07/2023 at 21:35, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Saw that spurs have accepted a bid from Spartak Moscow for Sanchez; seems odd. Could they theoretically not have done some weird deal where they release him from his contract but retain his registration with a set compensation figure? Then if he agrees to join Spartak the club dont have the awkwardness of directly dealing with a Russian club?

Adriano (the 99 shot power one) had something like that happen when he got released im sure, dunno if its still a thing.

Might not want the option of another premier league team snaffling him up or something.

Is it worse dealing directly with them, or creating a convoluted set of circumstances to pretend they aren't dealing directly with them?

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Is it worse dealing directly with them, or creating a convoluted set of circumstances to pretend they aren't dealing directly with them?

Hm. Hadn't thought of it that way, but at least they'd have some kind of plausible deniability.

Just not selling to a Russian club in the first place would be more sensible tbf.

Predictions for coming season:

Champions - Manchester City

Relegated - Luton Town, Sheffield United, Tottenham Hotspur

Player of the Season - Sean Longstaff (Newcastle United)

Manager of the Season - Sean Dyche (Everton)

Moment of the Season - A player serves a short prison sentence for assaulting a Just Stop Oil protestor in the closing stages of an important game.

6 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

I don't get how Utd could possibly think it would be a net positive to have him back playing for them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66319320

“Manchester United have agreed a £72m deal to sign Denmark international striker Rasmus Hojlund from Serie A side Atalanta. 

The 20-year-old will move to Old Trafford for fee of £64m, plus a potential £8m in add-ons. 

Hojlund joined Atalanta in August 2022 and scored 10 goals in 34 appearances last season.

His United contract will be for five years, with the option of an additional season.“