#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

There is absolutely no chance Kane's goalscoring record is being beat for the foreseeable future. Which other 25-30 goals a season striker is going to stay at Spurs for a decade or more and beat the record, rather than move to a club that might actually achieve something in the game? 

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Do any of you know who the leading scorer in the German league is? Exactly.

Yes, its Gerd Muller. I think most people would know that tbh, or would at least be the obvious, automatic guess. Not a great example. Unless you were being sarcastic and its gone over my head

Edited by Jives Miguel

38 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

"this league is dominated by one team so it's not much of an achievement to win it"

Meanwhile, in the competitive, diverse #barclays...Screenshot_20230810_135425.thumb.jpg.912063780f703781bd59cd49e65fc674.jpg

Bayern have won the last 11 league titles. In the same period in England there’s been 5 different winners. It’s quite considerably more competitive and diverse than the Bundesliga. 

The narrative that I would be pushing if I was in charge of the legacy English media is that Kane is going to Germany as part of a thorough plan to bring home Euro 2024. Much more palatable to their readers and viewers than the truth that the EPL's decline is beginning.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

6 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Bayern have won the last 11 league titles. In the same period in England there’s been 5 different winners. It’s quite considerably more competitive and diverse than the Bundesliga. 

In the course of 11 years, Man City have won Six titles, and Chelsea have won Two. Not nearly as diverse a list as the Premier League fanclub down south make it out to be.

21 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

In the course of 11 years, Man City have won Six titles, and Chelsea have won Two. Not nearly as diverse a list as the Premier League fanclub down south make it out to be.

Is 5 a bigger or smaller number than 1? 

I was reading the BBC sport European preview (I know) and looking at the Bundesliga they basically guaranteed Kane would be top scorer if he went to Bayern. 

Now this may very well be the case, but have they taken into account he won't be getting the same "protection" from referees in Germany as he won't be the national team's captain over there?

Edited by Raidernation

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Is 5 a bigger or smaller number than 1? 

Not the point.

If you look at the winners across the 30 years of the Premier League's existence (rather than, conveniently, only looking at the time of Bayern's dominance), Seven teams have won it. Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Blackburn.

In 30 years of the Bundesliga, Six have won it. Bayern, Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Augsburg, Bremen and Nurnberg.

Bayern's current dominance is not far off of Man United's throughout the early Premier League era. Bayern's is just a little bit more extreme.

2 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

Not the point.

If you look at the winners across the 30 years of the Premier League's existence (rather than, conveniently, only looking at the time of Bayern's dominance), Seven teams have won it. Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Blackburn.

In 30 years of the Bundesliga, Six have won it. Bayern, Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Augsburg, Bremen and Nurnberg.

Bayern's current dominance is not far off of Man United's throughout the early Premier League era. Bayern's is just a little bit more extreme.

Doesn't fit the narrative for the best league in the world M9.