#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

On 12/12/2023 at 23:32, ClydeTon said:

1/ The money was spent to lift the football club higher up the leagues. Everton (as the report notes) were in the belief they could keep this within PSR limits.

Everton note that they had budgeted £20m over what they got from the Richarlison sale, they lost ~£10m from Player X (Sigurdsson) and that the loss of revenue from USM.

You could pick any of them and still find that Everton had no intention to spend outwith PSR limits. Again, the commission note that.

It's not illegal for a club to spend money to get a sporting advantage.

The key arguement against Sporting Advantage is that Everton fell down the leagues.

You can't get an advantage and get worse from it. It doesn't make sense.

Regardless, Everton have appealed. I stand by my view that Everton's punishment is misplaced and harsh.

I'm sorry by what does Sigurdsson being a nonce have to do with Everton's financial mismanagement?

19 hours ago, Miguel Simao said:

Mctominay has been fairly anonymous, and if we are being honest he isn’t very good at this level outside of his goal scoring ability, but I doubt Ten Hag could care any less about the opinion of some reactionary streamer gonk. 

Man Utd's record with McTominay in the side is better than it is without.