#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Obviously there are plenty of Man City Fans who were there in the old days and can remember inflatable bananas and finishing behind Walsall in the second division. It's difficult to begrudge those people the good times they've enjoyed in recent years

But nonetheless it's about time they move aside and let someone else have a go

I am obviously hoping that Liverpool can win the title, which in itself will probably annoy a good few.  However, these are very good points re the City fanbase.  I generally view them as sound and very loyal during the darker days. 

Man City have the best fixtures except Spurs away which is always tough for them. Don’t think Arsenal will beat Man Utd at old Trafford. 

I can’t see anyone getting full points from their remaining games which we have seen in previous years so it’s quite exciting.

IMG_9742.png

Part of me wants to see city win everything they can until things become farcical and the governing bodies have to act to make football more equitable, but even with their financial budget it's almost impossible to see them doing it for much longer and also that bit about more equitable is fantasy land stuff 

Edited by Fuctifano

The addition of dockings to the league this season has been a masterstroke, but it's absolutely baffling that it's not televised. Ideally dockings would be announced on the big screens during a game involving said team after a 20 second air raid siren.

Edited by Barry Ferguson's Hat

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Man City have the best fixtures except Spurs away which is always tough for them. Don’t think Arsenal will beat Man Utd at old Trafford. 

I can’t see anyone getting full points from their remaining games which we have seen in previous years so it’s quite exciting.

IMG_9742.png

Arsenal’s (short) trip to Spurs looks their most difficult. 

Liverpools cause would maybe be helped by a bruising 2 legged Champions League semi between the other 2. 

12 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Man City will win every game they've got left and Liverpool might too. Arsenal will trip up a couple of times and finish 3rd.

I dont think Liverpool will - a few tricky away games particularly Villa and then spurs at home. I think city will draw a couple and Arsenal will lose to Man Utd.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I dont think Liverpool will - a few tricky away games particularly Villa and then spurs at home. I think city will draw a couple and Arsenal will lose to Man Utd.

Arsenal will beat Man Utd. Liverpool play into United's hands with their gung-ho approach and Arsenal don't give up many chances (no goals conceded so far in 2024). Fancy Man City to win out and the game it all hinges on will be the North London Derby. 

2 hours ago, Crow said:

#Barclays 2024/25 thread for this … Big shoes (Adidas trainers) to fill but looks like Jurgen’s replacement has been found and agreed.

IMG_6781.jpeg

For a usually opinionated gobsh*te,  I honestly have no opinion on who should succeed Klopp.  I had no idea he'd be off so never thought about it.   However, I have bizarrely been to watch Amorim's old club Casa Pia and can't work out if it was when he was boss.  Parts of Lisbon, like Belem, reminded me of Liverpool so the lure of the Dock Road may sway him.

27 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Arsenal will beat Man Utd. Liverpool play into United's hands with their gung-ho approach and Arsenal don't give up many chances (no goals conceded so far in 2024). Fancy Man City to win out and the game it all hinges on will be the North London Derby. 

I hope you are wrong re Man City anyway. Would rather Arsenal won the league for a change but Liverpool would still suffice for now. 

16 minutes ago, Red Kite said:

For a usually opinionated gobsh*te,  I honestly have no opinion on who should succeed Klopp.  I had no idea he'd be off so never thought about it.   However, I have bizarrely been to watch Amorim's old club Casa Pia and can't work out if it was when he was boss.  Parts of Lisbon, like Belem, reminded me of Liverpool so the lure of the Dock Road may sway him.

The sewage works next to BMD?

30 minutes ago, Red Kite said:

You needed to have an 11 year old who asked on a near daily basis who would take over after Klopp 🤣

My answer was usually Xabi Alonso or Pep Lijinders but like you I certainly didn’t see it coming so soon. Was hoping for at least one more contract renewal beyond 2026. 

1 hour ago, Red Kite said:

See if you can find your match here

https://www.flashscore.com/football/portugal/campeonato-de-portugal-group-d-2018-2019/results/