#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

Just now, DrewDon said:

It must be the action of waving an imaginary card that is the bad thing, rather than just asking a referee to book an opposing player or expressing a view that a yellow card offence has been committed. 

I think it comes under the new subset of rules in regard to "unbarclayslike conduct"

Just now, Albertlegend said:

I don't get the rage about waving the imaginery yellow card, is it any worse than, f**k sake ref that's a yellow? 

I send off some c**t that was trying to tell me how to do my job.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I will never understand why people get so annoyed with the imaginary yellow card thing. Also would like to know if they'll be booking players for asking the ref to book someone.

Maybe they will, we never really know what’s been said when players get booked for dissent. Could be that.

12 minutes ago, Waal said:

I send off some c**t that was trying to tell me how to do my job.

I think refs should be far harder on some of the dissent and abuse they get, so I don't disagree with your point but don't get why the hand waving is singled out. 

Fair enough If they are cracking down on it all dissent! 

4 minutes ago, Albertlegend said:

I think refs should be far harder on some of the dissent and abuse they get, so I don't disagree with your point but don't get why the hand waving is singled out. 

Fair enough If they are cracking down on it all dissent! 

It's a step.in the right direction, and probably singled out because unlike asking the question, it's a public, open questioning of the ref.... 

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's a step.in the right direction, and probably singled out because unlike asking the question, it's a public, open questioning of the ref.... 

Exactly this, its not done just to question the referee, its publicly undermining him, same with the mini tantrums and exaggerated shocked expressions.

ETA: not that Taylor didn't deserve a public shaming for that performance.

Edited by Raven

6 minutes ago, Raven said:

Exactly this, its not done just to question the referee, its publicly undermining him, same with the mini tantrums and exaggerated shocked expressions.

In what way is it 'publicly undermining him'? :lol:

The players are asking the referee to book someone for what they deem a foul. It's no different to players claiming for throw ins or corners they're clearly not entitled to.

24 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

In what way is it 'publicly undermining him'? :lol:

The players are asking the referee to book someone for what they deem a foul. It's no different to players claiming for throw ins or corners they're clearly not entitled to.

It's not up to the players to ask for a booking though. Referee makes his decision, get on with it, without playing up to the crowd like a spoilt wean.