#Barclays 24/25

Wee-Bey

17 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Sponsors should go 50/50 on the sponsorship for the men and womens teams. Mon min.

Simon Jordan made quite a good point today, he said Carney likes to say things like that because she knows she wo t be challenged.

He said if the clubs truly believe they're equal then charge £25/£30 and generate their own extra £10m a year. If the fans stay.

He also said if Sky etc really are as behind women's football then they too should up their payment for it.

Edited by Derry Alli

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Simon Jordan made quite a good point today, he said Carney likes to say things like that because she knows she wo t be challenged.

He said if the clubs truly believe they're equal then charge £25/£30 and generate their own extra £10m a year. If the fans stay.

He also said if Sky etc really are as behind women's football then they too should up their payment for it.

15 hours ago, TheScarf said:

City will win it and Liverpool will be second imo. Mac Allister and Szoboszlai are upgrades on Henderson and Keita. 

They look like 2 excellent signings. Will see how Endo does. A central defender in too and good to go. 

12 hours ago, The Master said:

Mac Allister’s red card from the weekend rescinded. 

VAR yet again doing a great job of getting a big decision right.

The correct decision. There was contact with Christie but there was no excessive force. I’m think the red was given purely because of where the contact on Christie was. Which is a dodgy path to go down for VAR.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Man's a huge weirdo.  My dad was the year above him in school and said as much.  Galloway, not Greenwood.

I know people over here who went to the same school as him too (no surprise seeing as he grew up a few streets away from where I live), they all basically said he was already a weirdo back then.

On 19/08/2023 at 21:32, Jacky1990 said:

Happy to admit I am/was one of those glory hunters who had Man Utd as their "English team". Mostly cause of Fergie to be fair.

But how far theyve fallen is objectively very funny. Especially with the money theyve spent and the fact theyre more brand/tourist destination than actual properly functioning football team.

They genuinely seem incapable of making good signings/off field decisions. Very funny indeed.

This was/is me, to a certain extent. 

Think the first game I saw them on the telly was in 1989, I was thirteen - they beat Liverpool 3-1 at Old Trafford, and I was hooked. They then went on to win the FA Cup the next season and the ECWC the season after but were still kinda average. It was only from 1992-93 onwards that things really changed. Everything about the club fascinated me - Busby, Munich, Wembley 63 and 68, the great post war team. I had strips, magazines, VHS tapes, the lot.

The club now, by and large, is an absolute shambles. The neglect shown to the stadium is a disgrace. The player investment has been awful - a scandalous amount of money has been spunked on average players, players who are still getting games even now. Culminating in the utter disgrace seen over the last few weeks regarding Greenwood.