#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

Arteta's a cone placing, Lego headed fraud. And I say that as someone who is an Arsenal enjoyer.

On 19/09/2023 at 11:00, Bairnardo said:

Artetas comments on the goalkeeper switch are proof, if needed, thaymt he is just absolutely depserate to do something left field that makes him appear really really clever. Hard to argue against Tierney being a victim of his bullshit when you see such patter. 

Absolutely correct. See also exiling Guendouzi for nothing, bizarre singings like Havertz, playing Partey at right-back etc. Many such cases.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Why? Punting an excellent left back way down the pecking order even behind Right Backs in pursuance of a "look how clever i am", Pep style strategy seems very on brand for him. 

They had their highest league placing last season.

Tierney is their best left back but is injury prone and didn't quite suit the system. That has no relevance to the goalkeeping situation.

4 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

They had their highest league placing last season.

Tierney is their best left back but is injury prone and didn't quite suit the system. That has no relevance to the goalkeeping situation.

The goalkeeping situation was used by me to illustrate Artetas tendency for galaxy brained bullshit, which he gets directly from Pep. I suggested that it's this galaxy brained bullshit that has seen probably the best LB at the club plying his trade at Real Sociedad. I really don't think its a stretch to link the two. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The goalkeeping situation was used by me to illustrate Artetas tendency for galaxy brained bullshit, which he gets directly from Pep. I suggested that it's this galaxy brained bullshit that has seen probably the best LB at the club plying his trade at Real Sociedad. I really don't think its a stretch to link the two. 

Of course it is.

If Tierney wasn't injured for long stretches then they probably don't even bother looking for a new left back.

He was given chances to play the inverted role but it didn't work out. It happens.

A bit harsh to label it 'galaxy brained bullshit' when the change to Zinchenko directly led to an improvement in performance.

12 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

No one would care either if Tierney wasn’t Scottish. Let it go.

Your probably right, but my initial comment was really more direct at Arteta, the goalkeeper pish he came away and his tendency towards this sort of stuff. Tierney just seemed a fitting example

43 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Last time Johnny Evans started for Man U, Rasmus Højlund was 12 years old 🤣

It's a fucking unbelievable that they have apparently spent 1.7 billion on players since 2014 and are having to resort to playing Jonny Evans. No doubt that will be the Glazers fault as well.