Sack Race 2023/24

Sack Race 2023/24  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Went for McInnes (actually meant to do Docherty, no idea how I fucked that up) but already thinking I should have went for Beale.

Rodgers will be a legend again for an unprecedented historic treble. I think Aberdeen are in for a decent season and Motherwell will have a good enough start. Martindale will never be sacked and for some reason neither will Malkkky. McLean is lucky to be at St Johnstone where, even if they lose every single week, he'll keep the job for at least a year. Robinson probably has good credit in the bank to get himself to January and I don't think St Mirren will do badly for that to matter anyway. Killie will probably be above the relegation fight with no real danger of McInnes getting sacked.

Beale is probably most obvious for whenever they get their first pumping off their bigot twin. McAvoy might also be a decent shout to get the bullet if Hearts have a poor start. Johnson at Hibs would seem to be on shaky ground but I feel like they'll be giving him time to "build something".

Then there's Dundee, f**k knows what they'll do both on the pitch and off it.

Edited by LiviLion

We'd need to be bottom with no points at Christmas before Docherty was sacked, Nelms is slow to sack managers and its usually way after the fans have called for it, Championship winning manager Bowyer aside.

I'm going for the Hearts option.

I have a feeling it'll be Rodgers.

Unless he invests in the defence Celtic are one injury away from a central defensive crisis. 

And if Kyogo was to get injured? Who comes in for him? 

The level of cover just seems pretty thin to me. 

All of this is a serious post, except for the first line as unless Celtic are 3rd or 4th after the halfway point in the season he won't get binned. 

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Went for McInnes (actually meant to do Docherty, no idea how I fucked that up) but already thinking I should have went for Beale.

Rodgers will be a legend again for an unprecedented historic treble. I think Aberdeen are in for a decent season and Motherwell will have a good enough start. Martindale will never be sacked and for some reason neither will Malkkky. McLean is lucky to be at St Johnstone where, even if they lose every single week, he'll keep the job for at least a year. Robinson probably has good credit in the bank to get himself to January and I don't think St Mirren will do badly for that to matter anyway. Killie will probably be above the relegation fight with no real danger of McInnes getting sacked.

Beale is probably most obvious for whenever they get their first pumping off their bigot twin. McAvoy might also be a decent shout to get the bullet if Hearts have a poor start. Johnson at Hibs would seem to be on shaky ground but I feel like they'll be giving him time to "build something".

Then there's Dundee, f**k knows what they'll do both on the pitch and off it.

Yes, there's always Dundee...

Hearts seem the obvious ones. The multi manager set up looks like itll end up a farce with a load of infighting.

Hibs probably 2nd, as they always feel like a bad run away from sacking their manager. Could fully see Johnson getting himself sacked somehow by falling out with the board.

Dundee and us will give new managers more time than fans of other clubs think IMO. Both boards will understand they were left trying to fix a mess so will give them leeway.

Not a clue about Killie/Motherwell/Countys approach if they struggle.

I'm going for Jim Goodwin at Dundee at the end of August after he replaces Docherty who resigns after acknowledging his woeful interviewee technique.

Jim Goodwin will also pick up the Championship wooden spoon when he gets his jotters at some point between now and Sunday.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

13 hours ago, betting competition said:

McAvoy will get the sack first as Hearts will more likely be knocked out of the Conference league qualifiers then announce Naismith as manager. 

Good one!

7 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'm going for Jim Goodwin at Dundee at the end of August after he replaces Docherty who resigns after acknowledging his woeful interviewee technique.

Jim Goodwin will also pick up the Championship wooden spoon when he gets his jotters at some point between now and Sunday.

IMG-20230718-WA0000.jpg

It's got to be one of the Edinburgh clubs right? Whether it's a reshuffle at Hearts once Naismith finally gets some credentials, or Johnson not having a good start and the fans piling onto him, I'm not sure, but looking at every other manager and barring some catastrophic start to the season and/or some crazy public comments, I think every manager in position has not only earned their tilt at this season, but has done enough to give them a bit of a honeymoon period.

Spoiler

Expecting a meme in the spoiler? Nah, it's just my 'stream of consciousness' thinking on the matter:

Neither OF will go quickly, Beale still has the "I'm rebuilding claim" while Rodgers is just in the door. Robson forced his way into the job and shown he's more than capable, Robinson despite some questionable recruitment had his club the highest they've been in generations, Martindale is ironically one of the least sackable (yet equally, for reasons, one of the least likely to be recruited by another club), Kettlewell has shown he can take a basket case mid season and solve most (?) of it's problems, McInnes had a big uptick in the last months, saving his club and it looks like he's been backed in the transfer market this time round, McLean is just in the door and while you would look at them as a rookie manager as being the most likely, after the length of time his club supported Davidson they aren't throwing McLean out early, McKay, despite every one hating that he is a racist p***k, he's done the job that was needed and Roy won't pull the trigger for a few months yet, regardless of results, Docherty is no mug and is just in the door, but even a bad start to the season will be generally greeted OK by the Dundee fans, especially so if United keep floundering. Anyone left? Not sure..

..so, yeah, one of the Edinburgh clubs for me.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

No real stand out, think malky McKay is probably best bet though. 

No chance IMO.  McKay was handpicked my MacGregor.  Even if County were relegated last season I think he'd still be in charge.