Morton v Ayr - Opening Day 2023/2024

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

McGeady hasn’t played in about eight months, so I wouldn’t quite be writing him off based on a twenty minute cameo. 

Good to hear the RB we were all pinning our hope on being our first decent full back in years was good though 😂

Fair enough he’s not played in months and will definitely be rusty. But that doesn’t forgive how disinterested he looked. Reeks of a guy who’s hearts not in it anymore. 

Don’t quite know how we’ve earned the label of hatchet men off of one counter attack stopping tackle but there you go.

You could tell which team had a better coach out there. One looked properly well drilled, the other looked like they had no idea where to be. We don’t look like we set up any different at different points of the game. It’s all just one big mess for 90 mins.

McGinty at the penalty and Ahui😂😂😂😂

I bet mcgeady wasnt expecting sarcastic boo’s strolling into the championship 😂

That’s the worst form of refereeing I’ve seen in Scottish football, and that’s saying something. Karma pulls through plain and simple though with Ayr and their riddy time wasting…excellent stuff. 

should’ve been another penalty at the end of the match but 99% of the away fans missed that 🌚 +3 thank you.

We always play better with Crawford in behind the striker so he can lead the pressing and it's no surprise that we became massively more effective when Muirhead was  moved out right and Crawford moved forward. Power for Quitongo could have been seen as a defensive sub but it was a masterstroke. 

I thought it was going to be same as hast season where we miss big chances and then get punished with sloppy defending but we did excellent to get back in to the game and dominate the final quarter of the match. 

Special mention to mcgrattan who had a shaky first 10 mins at right back but for a young boy who's never played there I thought he stood up well against an experienced player like Murphy. 

3 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Don’t quite know how we’ve earned the label of hatchet men off of one counter attack stopping tackle but there you go.

You could tell which team had a better coach out there. One looked properly well drilled, the other looked like they had no idea where to be. We don’t look like we set up any different at different points of the game. It’s all just one big mess for 90 mins.

McGinty at the penalty and Ahui😂😂😂😂

Not sure I’d describe it as a ‘tackle’ tbh: could have seriously damaged Quitongo and ended up damaging himself; not to get a red card was beyond a joke.

Apart from that, it was the constant fouling, a lot of which the clown of a ref let go.

As for Ahui, reminds me of an old Bill Shankly gag: ‘Have you seen much of a ball, big man?’

2 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Straightforward win for The Famous.

Ayr fans must be concerned. A poor group of players, outside Murphy who will surely trouble teams at this level. Not us though, as we're a better team. 👍

Would imagine every team in the division are better than Ayr right now

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Not sure I’d describe it as a ‘tackle’ tbh: could have seriously damaged Quitongo and ended up damaging himself; not to get a red card was beyond a joke.

It wasn't a tackle.

It was an assault.

I enjoyed the fact that despite chat all week about the defensive areas where Morton might struggle, Bullen failed to identify any way to even try and take advantage of that.

3 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Straightforward win for The Famous.

Ayr fans must be concerned. A poor group of players, outside Murphy who will surely trouble teams at this level. Not us though, as we're a better team. 👍

They have been concerned since October last year. Added to that - 
Murphy and Pendlebury have been good so far of the new signings, Amartey has done f**k all in games but has set up almost every goal in pre-season. The rest have barely played. We already know that Bryden isn’t good enough(yet) McKenzie isn’t a goal scorer, Reading and McCallister are weak and McGinty can’t pass. Our midfielders are all identical and McGeady isn’t going to play much.

The only person who seems to be oblivious is Bullen and that is the most concerning part.

I wonder when last a senior football team played in a non friendly match and used all of the match day squad as we did today with each of the three listed substitutes used. Remarkable and in spite of adversity a great start to the season.

47 minutes ago, Iain said:

You're right, we should've been unhappy when he scored in case that happened.

I'm not taking issue with celebrating goals, but unironically embracing someone with a name like fucking Olly is an unacceptable state of affairs.

That competition winner at right back in the second half might legitimately be the worst player I've ever seen, he wishes he was as good as David Bangala. Also the only player stopping McGeady being the worst on the park.

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I won’t apologise for not immediately jumping on Bullen last season. At the end of the day he met his remit and more in getting to second place. 

Lighten up FFS. We finished 2nd! Everything in the garden is rosy!

On 04/08/2023 at 13:41, Thereisalight.. said:

A few weeks ago getting a win in this game would have been a worry for us of an Ayr persuasion. I think we have shown enough in the LC games to not have to be worried about facing mid/bottom half of the league teams. 

😁