Morton v Ayr - Opening Day 2023/2024

Ayr trying to play it out from the back with those defenders should be some laugh this season btw. We let them off a bit with it by not having Crawford lead the press until the substitutes. 

Bullen looks like he's seen the two defenders taking goalkicks with the keeper in the Premier league and decided he can do it with Sean fucking Mcginty.

On 04/08/2023 at 13:41, Thereisalight.. said:

A few weeks ago getting a win in this game would have been a worry for us of an Ayr persuasion. I think we have shown enough in the LC games to not have to be worried about facing mid/bottom half of the league teams. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 This worked out well then 

Thought the first half was pretty even. Well seen we're now into the serious business of the league as there was a few meaty challenges going in. 

Robbie Crawford is turning into one of my all time favourite players. The guy is immense a and what a goal!

Murdoch should have been sent off for that challenge on Jai. For some strange reason the Ref shat it.

Power looks good and I can see Gills dropping to the bench. McDonald our other new signing  brought of an outstanding save early doors

McGrattan had another excellent performance up against Murphy.

Whole team played well in a hard fought match.

For Ayr, where did that RB come from? Worst player I've seen in a long while. McGready looks slow and overweight. Looking like a strange decision to sign him going by that appearance 

9 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Lighten up FFS. We finished 2nd! Everything in the garden is rosy!

There’s a balance between thinking everything is great and everything is shite. That’s what I try and think. 

We finished 2nd but people refused to acknowledge how good that was because of how tight the league is and because some of the football under Bullen was dire. On the flip side some people refused to criticise Bullen because we finished 2nd. 

I praised him for the end goal last season but no one has forgotten Falkirk and for me he still had a lot to prove this season. I had hoped that some lessons would be learned but maybe not. All I can hope if that our last couple of signings are of the quality needed or we’ll struggle. 

9 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Robbie Crawford is turning into one of my all time favourite players. The guy is immense a and what a goal!

For Ayr, where did that RB come from? Worst player I've seen in a long while. 

Feel like pure shite, just want Robbie Crawford back x

And the RB is on loan from Lincoln City. I have to agree, that was Bangala levels of looking like he didn't have a clue - and that is some going.

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Feel like pure shite, just want Robbie Crawford back x

And the RB is on loan from Lincoln City. I have to agree, that was Bangala levels of looking like he didn't have a clue - and that is some going.

The RB looks like he's on loan from Dodge City what a cowboy.

Robbie going nowhere  - give him a contract extension now Dougie!  

1 minute ago, MarkoRaj said:

Enjoyable win. Should have been far more comfortable

Ayr are in big trouble this season

You have no idea

most clubs, you would think, ooft, that result is the end. Smith took months to sack Hopkin. The club think the fans are ungrateful for not carrying Bullen to the dugout on a sedan chair every home game.

As a club, we are pretty healthy but as a team, there seems to be an us and them mentality where the fans are being unreasonable. Regardless of how things go, unless Bullen walks, he’ll be here until the spring at least.

He has a newish squad and deserves 6 weeks to try and get a tune out of them but beyond that…..

Just thinking off the top of my head that we have received Nicky Cadden, Robbie Crawford and a rejuvenated Jack Baird from Ayr (my player of the season last year with 7 or 8 goals) while they've received Markus Fjortoft, Aiden Mcadams, Cammy Salkeld and Sean Mcginty from us. 

1 minute ago, Colkitto said:

The RB looks like he's on loan from Dodge City what a cowboy.

Robbie going nowhere  - give him a contract extension now Dougie!  

Crawford was thrown in to the Ayr team when he wasn’t ready and along with Forrest, grew up playing men’s football. He didn’t score many goals for Ayr or dive in to tackles when that was what we neede. A few Ayr fans took that to be a failing on his part rather than Mark Roberts.

McCall played him mostly on right wing which didn’t help and probably moved him out the door by his choice in the end with a move upwards to Livingston. 
A lot of Ayr fans wanted to sign him before he went to Thistle and then when he was free last season, but that type of signing is not the clubs philosophy any more. 

10 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Can see why they’ve loaned him he must stink Lincoln City out 

I was at Blair Drummond a couple of weeks ago with the wee man, ones of the giraffes had a big ball it was knocking about.
It had better control of it's own legs than Ahui

7 minutes ago, Peil said:

I was at Blair Drummond a couple of weeks ago with the wee man, ones of the giraffes had a big ball it was knocking about.
It had better control of it's own legs than Ahui

His first viewing of a Scottish football match was one he was playing in. He should never have played today or started next week.

if he’s still shite in a couple of weeks we can worry 

The quality of fitba from both sides was bad enough for 22 quid entry but the £2.50 being charged for the pathetic match programme for the 6 pages of cheap paper with no mention of the opposition was pure daylight robbery.

And YES, our new RB wasn't the best and neither was the weak ref.

Morton are a horrible team, with horrible tactics and a horrible little man as their Manager but irrespective we were very poor and shouldn't have been dragged down to their level......

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

His first viewing of a Scottish football match was one he was playing in. He should never have played today or started next week.

if he’s still shite in a couple of weeks we can worry 

Aye, he rocked up what, Wednesday or Thursday?

Be lucky if he's learnt everyone's names

Just now, WATTOO said:

The quality of fitba from both sides was bad enough for 22 quid entry but the £2.50 being charged for the pathetic match programme for the 6 pages of cheap paper with no mention of the opposition was pure daylight robbery.

Morton are a horrible team, with horrible tactics and a horrible little man as their Manager but irrespective we were very poor and shouldn't have been dragged down to their level......

Wahhhh wahhhh 😭

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Can you explain what is particularly horrible about Morton’s tactics?