Spartans vs Clyde

15 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Sula at RB over McCulloch is the right call, but maybe an indication of what they think of the young guy atm. Parry in goal is a confusing one.

Also Mulvanny wearing 4 as a forward makes me irrationally angry 😂😂

Is it sula at Rb in a 4 or is it a back 3 with wing backs? 

55 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Is it sula at Rb in a 4 or is it a back 3 with wing backs? 

Sula at right back.

The Spartans approaching this like an away trip to the Etihad has been a pleasant surprise. I can only see them being more involved after the break.

Came along as a neutral. What a disappointment. Football was rotten,pies were worse and Clyde fans were an embarrassment. On the latter point I have rarely seen such a bunch of odd people both young and old . Couldn't help thinking that some of the young guys need to get their first girlfriend . Too late for the older guys.  

Won't be back

Nice little stand opposite th3 main stand.Why would  stewards not let us n?

2 people in it for whole game.

Someone giving Clyde fans peters on here. What about the  hobos in the Spartans crowd.

Having said that I had to move 2 youngsters away from our fans-these fans are not as great as they think they are.

19 minutes ago, Miguel Ángel Espínola said:

Must be hard for the players listening to the 2 managers bark out instructions at the same time

Yep, I picked up on this as well. Whilst I have no issue with the DoF being on the bench (a common thing in Europe for the DoF to be there), if Duffy can't keep his mouth shut, then he should retire to the stand and allow the Head Coach to run the show. 

As for McLean, he needs an assistant ASAP. He is naive as f**k if he thinks he can cope without one. If there is money there, use it and get someone in. 

As for the game, decent first half, second half we never coped with their changes. The Spartans keeper couldn't have had an easier half. 

If we are to compete at the top, the priority is 2 strikers and 2 midfielders, then I think we should be in a decent place. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

Nice little stand opposite th3 main stand.Why would  stewards not let us n?

2 people in it for whole game.

Someone giving Clyde fans peters on here. What about the  hobos in the Spartans crowd.

Having said that I had to move 2 youngsters away from our fans-these fans are not as great as they think they are.

I read that it doesn't have a safety certificate, they're waiting on it being renewed.

We have one more point than I think most thought we would have and we were nowhere near as bad as I thought we would be. We should have gone for the kill before half-time as Spartans were always going to come into it at some point.

You saw the positives and negatives of Scullion and Cuddihy. Won every second ball in the first half, a fair few in the second. But not composed enough to put their foot on the ball and kill the game.

Two much maligned players were our best today; Grant and Parry. Dunachie dealt with Henderson exceptionally well.

Spartans deserved a point in the end and their most dangerous player scored.

The Duffy thing could just be handled so much better. If McLean comes out and says he wants him there, or if it had been advertised as that originally. Even get them to synchronise their outfits!

Pleasantly surprised we got a point today, genuinely didn’t think we would. 

Hopefully that’s a bonus point and we actually get the players required in that will provide the quality we are  so obviously missing. 

Wonder if a player assistant might be helpful and possibly a way of getting a person who otherwise not normally come to us?

18 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Ironic that the nice wee stand at Spartans hasn't been given a safety certificate by Edinburgh Council and f*cking Meadowbank has! 

I was thinking It would’ve been ideal for away fans (not that there was any issue with no segregation that I saw).

1 hour ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Yep, I picked up on this as well. Whilst I have no issue with the DoF being on the bench (a common thing in Europe for the DoF to be there), if Duffy can't keep his mouth shut, then he should retire to the stand and allow the Head Coach to run the show. 

As for McLean, he needs an assistant ASAP. He is naive as f**k if he thinks he can cope without one. If there is money there, use it and get someone in. 

As for the game, decent first half, second half we never coped with their changes. The Spartans keeper couldn't have had an easier half. 

If we are to compete at the top, the priority is 2 strikers and 2 midfielders, then I think we should be in a decent place. 

Duffy will be in charge of recruiting an assistant head coach so no chance of that happening