Stirling Albion v Aberdeen

3800 if the terracing is able to be used, that at the moment is a very big IF.

They haven't been used since the two Rangers games a decade ago and, by all accounts the turnstiles themselves are rusted to f**k and there is remedial/repair work required in the toilets and some electrical issues, Active Stirling whom the club pay rent to have  from what I gather been dragging their heels for some time about getting said repairs done and I'm not 100% convinced they will be done in time for this match although there has been talk of volunteers from the support wading in with help, how much of that is practical to getting a safety certificate for the terracing which I believe is not in place right now remains to be seen. 

One point I made on the club page on the League 1 sub forum is, given each terracing only holds circa 600 and there is no issues with the terraces themselves, surely temporary measures such as a few portable toilets and some sort of temporary gates or turnstiles at the exit gates to the terracing could be utilised for this match and possibly the home fixtures v Falkirk which will likely attract a similar large visiting support, this will not be the ideal solution but one that can easily work unless some over zealous jobsworth c**t from the council put the foot down, either way I'd like to think and hope the club would consider this option at least. 

If the terracing is open for this tie Aberdeen can expect something like 2200 tickets for the East Stand and the small enclosures behind each goal. The East Stand itself holds about 1100 which is what the Dons will get should said terracing behind the goals be out of use which, hopefully will become clearer in the next few days. 

8 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

Would Aberdeen fill the three sides of the ground given the game is now on a Friday night? 

My thoughts too now it's on a Friday night. I know Aberdeen have a good travelling support but unsure what that actually means as numbers for a Friday night game. I imagine public transport back from Stirling post game will be an issue too.

1 hour ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

My thoughts too now it's on a Friday night. I know Aberdeen have a good travelling support but unsure what that actually means as numbers for a Friday night game. I imagine public transport back from Stirling post game will be an issue too.

We did sell out the full away stand plus a good chunk of the home stand last summer on a Tuesday night if that’s anything to go by.

7 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

We’ve been allocated 1800 tickets, east stand and south stand terrace.

Yeah that's the terracing at the supermarket end, the one at the opposite end, the Wallace Monument end remains closed it appears. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Boring post, but never been to Forthbank so no idea about parking options. Loads of parking or do you have to search about?

Absolutely loads. Retail park across the road plus a hotel pub/restaurant next door with parking which was full of Dons fans last time. Another huge car park with places to eat 10 mins walk away as well.

8 hours ago, starryfish said:

Stirling Albion fans, what are the strengths and weaknesses of your side so far this season?

Don't think it will be relevant in this game, you should win at a canter all things considered. 

We've got a great work ethic and team spirit, and we've been difficult to beat to say the least. Only one defeat in 2023 so far, and that was a meaningless end of season game away at Albion Rovers on the last day of the season. 

Not many weaknesses apart from the usual part time stuff, ie I would expect you guys to be miles fitter, and quicker. 

If we catch you on a real off day like we did with St Johnstone in Perth, there's always a slim chance, but I don't see a closer scoreline than 3-0 to the Dons on Friday night. It'll be good to have a (near) full stadium again though, particularly under the lights.