Stirling Albion v Aberdeen

11 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

Don't think it will be relevant in this game, you should win at a canter all things considered. 

We've got a great work ethic and team spirit, and we've been difficult to beat to say the least. Only one defeat in 2023 so far, and that was a meaningless end of season game away at Albion Rovers on the last day of the season. 

Not many weaknesses apart from the usual part time stuff, ie I would expect you guys to be miles fitter, and quicker. 

If we catch you on a real off day like we did with St Johnstone in Perth, there's always a slim chance, but I don't see a closer scoreline than 3-0 to the Dons on Friday night. It'll be good to have a (near) full stadium again though, particularly under the lights. 

Any players to look out for? How is the catering at Forthbank?

9 hours ago, starryfish said:

Stirling Albion fans, what are the strengths and weaknesses of your side so far this season?

Rory MacFadyen is a  beast. Speedy Gomez  blows hot and cold. When all else fails, we usually leave a wad of used fivers in the refs dressing room.

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:

Why is this game being played on a Friday night?

I stupidly assumed Viaplay were showing it as a David and Goliath spectacle then realised neither Rangers or Celtic are involved.

Saturday 19th clashes with the Stirling Highland games which is held near Forthbank.  We were originally scheduled to play an away game in the league on that day.    

This game is a win/win for me. Since their glory days, Aberdeen have always been my “wee” team. 
The manner in which Stirling progressed from the group stages was a great achievement. If we come through the game injury free, I will be happy. Staff could see it differently and see it as an opportunity to be a shop-window.

23 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

im sure home end tickets are only for home fans 🇵🇱

I have sat in away ends a few times watching Aberdeen, for various reasons, usually because I want to sit with friends who support opposition. 

Would I sit in home end at Ibrox or Parkhead, no. 

I sat in home end at Binos v Dons last year, and will do the same with my Binos supporting mates tomo, who I regularly go to Binos games with. 

Looking forward to it 😊

6 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

This game is a win/win for me. Since their glory days, Aberdeen have always been my “wee” team. 
The manner in which Stirling progressed from the group stages was a great achievement. If we come through the game injury free, I will be happy. Staff could see it differently and see it as an opportunity to be a shop-window.

Binos are my wee team, hope they can cement place in League 1 and keep improving 😁

3 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

As if I'm scrolling through the pages.

Less than 2 page thread….

anyway I’m in the terrace behind the goal tonight. First visit to forthbank so looking forward to it. 

Could be an uncomfortable evening. 6 days to hacken so full strength team please and get the job done. 

Strange that there is no UK PPV option for this.  Not sure if SAFC have their own channel to do this, however low budget?

The game is a sellout.

It is not kicking off at the sacred 3pm Saturday time.

There presumably would be plenty demand to see the game - maybe trebling or quadrupling the matchday attendance with people happy to pay a tenner or so to watch online?

Barry Hearn will be shaking his head at such a commercial own goal and not giving the customers what they want...........

Edited by tarapoa

42 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Strange that there is no UK PPV option for this.  Not sure if SAFC have their own channel to do this, however low budget?

The game is a sellout.

There presumably would be plenty demand to see the game - maybe trebling or quadrupling the matchday attendance with people happy to pay a tenner or so to watch online?

Barry Hearn will be shaking his head at such a commercial own goal and not giving the customers what they want...........

Presumably viaplay have exclusivity still and they’ve just not picked it up. 

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

The game is a sellout.

IPTV min.