Scotland v England 150th year anniversary match

17 hours ago, the snudge said:

I'm looking forward to the game but part of me is wishing we played a minnow in this fixture window to keep momentum going.

This game has been scheduled for a while due it being the anniversary game. It was always going to be England. 

50 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I can’t remember where I saw it now, but there were Southgate comments about using his entire squad so I imagine we might see two different England sides…

I’m pretty sure you’re only allowed to make 6 substitutions in an international friendly. 

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I’m pretty sure you’re only allowed to make 6 substitutions in an international friendly. 

Forgot about that - wondering if I imagined it…

Their starting side will be interesting, whether they will go for it a bit more with the midfield three they are all asking for in Foden, Bellingham and Rice or if Southgate will continue to be a bit more conservative with a Henderson style player in there.

I obviously don’t really want Foden to be playing, but if Rice is doing most of the defensive work himself in there we could get some joy with McTominay and McGinn bursting through midfield. 

29 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Think if you call it an exhibition game and don't register it with FIFA re rankings, you can have as many subs as you like. I don't think that's what's happening here though.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Think if you call it an exhibition game and don't register it with FIFA re rankings, you can have as many subs as you like. I don't think that's what's happening here though.

It’ll be an officially-recognised friendly because it’s part of an international window.

Basically, these days if you’re not playing in a qualifier or Nations League game, you’ll be playing in a friendly that’s notionally organised by UEFA (although in practice UEFA say “you have to organise a friendly, and we’ll sell the TV rights”). 

2 hours ago, AJF said:

What exactly is the issue here?

There isn't one.

England, like any other side will be looking for somewhere to train prior to the game. Its a non story. Only highlighted as in European games and pre internationals, the away side get to use the home sides pitch the day/night before as they only show up the day before, Exactly as England will do today/tonight.

Seems sensible that if they are in Scotland a day earlier, they will look for some facilities. Rangers aren't using all of it, so genuinely no issue here.

Can slag Rangers off for many things, but this isn't one. 

1 minute ago, Theyellowbox said:

There isn't one.

England, like any other side will be looking for somewhere to train prior to the game. Its a non story. Only highlighted as in European games and pre internationals, the away side get to use the home sides pitch the day/night before as they only show up the day before, Exactly as England will do today/tonight.

Seems sensible that if they are in Scotland a day earlier, they will look for some facilities. Rangers aren't using all of it, so genuinely no issue here.

Can slag Rangers off for many things, but this isn't one. 

Bingo. A non-issue that you’ve summarised perfectly.